IGNORED

My Diy Case for Retro Pi setup.

hobbyhands

I was not sure where to put this. I posted this on another forum, but I thought this would be a good place also.

So I have several vintage machines like many of you. Atari 800XL, Mac Plus,486dx, Atari st 520, c64, tandy coco 2 and others.

I also emulate a few systems on my retro pi. 

I like my retro pi, but it never fit in with the other computers. So I thought it would be neat to make a case case for it that had a classic 80's feel. So the project is still underway. I just started it a few weeks ago. And have had very little time to do much on it. But here is what I have so far. No bottom yet.

I have also included a picture of my c64 for size reference.

Goals: Have it look like an 80's computer, with a little touch of modern housing. Cheap to build. Hold my retro pi, and all other need components.  I am using the red dragon keyboard as it meets my modest budget. I started with a MDF inner base as a guide.  I am using ABS plastics which is what I think many of the computers used at the time.

Questions or suggestions are welcome.

20191124_160755.jpg

20191124_160733.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Edited by hobbyhands
update
  • Like 2

Odd that it got posted as a video.  I posted it as a link for the kickstarter campaign for it.   It got funded.

On their website you click on the raspberry pi section and they have a few different kits available for C64

https://corei64.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=79 

But if you are looking for just an '80s style case that doesn't match your existing units sounds like the best plan would be to make your own, or look on ebay for old nonworking TI-99, or somesuch, to put it in.

The neat thing about the Pis is that they are rather small and fit into all kinds of things.