IGNORED

NEW MAME HSC - ROUND 3/10 - BANK PANIC / GAUNTLET

Cynicaster

Bank Panic - 45,500 92,100. This is a fun game that I've always heard of, but had never played before. I always heard of it in the context of being a Sega Master System game that didn't come out in the U.S. It took me a couple of plays to figure out the icons on top of the screen representing how close someone is to the bank doors. Round 3 is as far as I got, as the enemy behavior quickly became more complex and you have to somehow look at more than one door at once. Update: I was able to get a bit further. I realized I should try to limit the number of active doors onscreen at once. Referring back to the Master System connection, this game does remind me of a lot of the earliest SMS games from '85 and '86 that seem quite simple at first, but have surprising depth once you get into them.

Gauntlet - 30,020. This is a game that I think I enjoy looking at more than playing. Playing alone, it seems you have to be very cautious and try to control the swarms of enemies using the scenery and backing away when necessary. But at the same time, you have to charge forward and take some damage in order to get close enough to take out the spawn objects, otherwise you'll just get stuck. This game is unabashedly out to eat pocketfuls of quarters, so although my approach was cheesy, the game kind of has it coming.

Zoy_Gauntlet_191206.jpg

Zoy_Bank_Panic_191207.jpg

Edited by Zoyous
Score update 12/7

Gauntlet: 20,925

0011.png.6cd08d2fb624dc74b2bb570aa6a752ad.png

Bank Panic: 57,400  120,400

0005.png.ada8e8b040c74deb5b42d61ed023c4a3.png

You know, I thought I wasn't going to like Bank Panic as I'm not big on shooting gallery style games, but this game is actually really fun! I feel like there's an element of strategy to it due to being able to see when someone is coming up to each door. You don't want to be caught in a situation with three doors opening at the same time.

Edited by Ramses