IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

On 4/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, rensoup said:

Now you see me...

masking2.avi.gif.05d5528f9d57681f3dccf8be126f4aff.gif

Now you don't!

The fire pits on different frames once is yellow and other is pink. As is, I think, form the conversation that their're Missiles 5th Player mode/PF3 it would be better always same colour, right? And yellow the best...

And the bottle, why is it flickering? Is it same using Missiles 5th then maybe a DLI to set other colour(s)?

?

10 minutes ago, José Pereira said:

And the bottle, why is it flickering? Is it same using Missiles 5th then maybe a DLI to set other colour(s)?

?

According to VIGSHA (Videogame Safety and Health Authority) rules magic potions have to be dyed with a flickering color to warn users against inadvertent use. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

doesn't flicker very badly on my crt or lcd (almost unnoticed till now), but we are NTSC 60 hz…. and yes... it looks like you would see it like that with torch flicker and reflections in real life as well in his post... I would not worry about it in the least!

Edited by _The Doctor__

2 hours ago, José Pereira said:

The fire pits on different frames once is yellow and other is pink. As is, I think, form the conversation that their're Missiles 5th Player mode/PF3 it would be better always same colour, right? And yellow the best...

?

artifacts over artifacts caused by limitations !

First the gif is decimated (1 out of 3 frames at 50fps is saved), that's why the flickering is weird. 

flames are 2 missiles each but flickering every frame so I can have 4 flames on the same line. Plus I flicker their color between red/yellow because it makes them pop out more!

potion is 4 missiles but since there's only one color, I just make the shadow part flicker to make it look darker. Yeah let's just pretend it's the torch causing the shadowing ?

• Like 6

so mostly a GIF issue, which is why we didn't see it on real hardware.... lmfao. I sometimes think people should look at it themselves rather than follow GIF and video... as this happens time and time again... my other fave is, it doesn't work or look like... and then 3 pages later, it's because it's on an emulator, and with non Atari chip images.... lol

Like I said, looks great on NTSC 60 and the potion flicker (hardly noticeable) looks like normal torch reflective flicker... it adds to the game, so I'd leave it be..

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 5

Hello guys

Every game that takes more than two minutes should have a PAUSE option.  So you have time to pee or get something to drink or just to keep your partner happy.  Or you've been playing for hours, are setting a new record and then dinner is ready...

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 5

@Mathy

Absolutely. Plus level-skipper allows to come back back to the level you left-off, we're grown-ups and time is often an issue, so level-skipper (classic SHIFT+L?) would make for lack of level-codes in PoP. And for the people who don't like cheats: they are in original PoP and there's no need to use it :)

16 hours ago, Mathy said:

Every game that takes more than two minutes should have a PAUSE option.  So you have time to pee or get something to drink or just to keep your partner happy.  Or you've been playing for hours, are setting a new record and then dinner is ready...

Well you could always use your favourite emu and pause anywhere you wish ?

7 hours ago, Jacques said:

PC version had a lot of it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/562672-prince-of-persia-1989/cheats

Amiga quite a few, too: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/cheats.php?id=865

For me, the pause and level-skip would do, if memory is the limit ?

Sure it would be great to be able to include the 1KB of cheat code the BBC has but for pushing the A8's boundaries, I've had to spend a lot of time already just looking for memory yet it's perpetually low and I don't have any of the A8 specific cut scene code so let's wait and see what's left once everything is implemented.

39 minutes ago, rensoup said:

Well you could always use your favourite emu and pause anywhere you wish ?

I don't really use emulators when it comes to serious playing, no such menu on my 130XE, which is irreplacable?

Anyway, I understand memory issue, fingers crossed!

Edited by Jacques

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

I don't really use emulators when it comes to serious playing, no such menu on my 130XE, which is irreplacable?

Anyway, I understand memory issue, fingers crossed!

What about a freezer? Could be used to pause anytime, too.

• Like 1

Hello Rensoup

37 minutes ago, rensoup said:

try this version:

gZsqU82.thumb.jpg.b7188481d40f879de1079a8efaa6b8a4.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna stick my hand up somebody's butt to make 'em say or do whatever I'd like them to say or do.  And I'm no Dr. Pol either.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS and that's not my favorite emu either.

Edited by Mathy
  • Haha 2