IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Can't get the double-density version to run properly.

It will only work if transferred and booted from actual magnetic media (Indus/GT)

Which is unusual, since not even my trusty SDrive NUXX can boot the .ATR

600xl pal vbxe sophia2 u1mb

-------------------------------

AVG Cart: all cart-versions are working fine.

SIO2SD DD atr: need some time but works fine

SIO2SD SD ats: same as DD version

Great job. Big thanks.

Edited by MARIO130XE
more testings done
  • Like 1

I checked the disk version directly, and wasn't disappointed.

The Mouse animation is a nice add.  And I had a good laugh at the title.

Looks all very polished. 

Music is high level.

Together with my set of FX it feels like  playing on a 16 bit machine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

Had a quick look - was unable to get the Atarimax CAR version to work.

Note that banking with a 1 Meg system can be problematic if the software isn't aware of it.

It can't be the software as it loads fine from the ATR. Well...It takes around 2 mins to load at standard SIO speeds, then about another minute after the hardware identification screen where you press fire.

600xl pal vbxe sophia2 u1mb
-------------------------------
AVG Cart: all cart-versions are working fine.
SIO2SD DD atr: need some time but works fine
SIO2SD SD ats: same as DD version

Great job. Big thanks.

What are your settings with your U1MB? Your spec is closest to mine and I can’t seem to get it to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to test the ATARIMax Image, but can't flash it to my Cart. Can't import the .car into Maxflash Studio.

Another thing I noticed: The .car crashes on ATARI OS in Altirra, but runs fine with Altirra OS selected.

Will add the .atr to my TheCart! now, to see the game on real machine ;)

1 minute ago, 8bitguy1 said:

What are your settings with your U1MB? Your spec is closest to mine and I can’t seem to get it to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try to use Altirra OS on your U1MB as OS. On Emulator the ATARIMaxflash image runs fine then.

9 minutes ago, Marsupilami said:

Hi,

First, thanks a lot for the new release ! 

Just a report :

Tested the 1 DD disk and 2 SD disks and  version on Altirra 3.90 : I have a crash when loading :

CPU: Illegal instruction hit: 7305
(117688: 15, 47) A=00 X=00 Y=00 S=F5 P=32 (    Z )  7304: 02                KIL

probably need more info about what your altira installed rom/os base etc. is...

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 minute ago, _The Doctor__ said:

probably need more ifo about what your altira installed rom base etc. is...

Yes, that's why I edited the post. I tried 5 or 6 times, then I didn't touch anything and everything works now...Strange.

13 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

I tried that running SIDE3, no go I'm afraid

You must try SIDEB insert from side B. ;-)

great, the best game of the year is getting ready: D

I can't wait to save this poor princess with lordosis :DD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations on next step, great it's actually happening and that close to the finish, although some aspects are still a bit of surprise and something I need to get to grip with, like blue Princess' chamber (shouldn't it be in palace's palette for consistency?) or a title screen with mouse (?). There's still that little feeling of missing on classic PoP aspects, but I guess no one can have everything ;)

For now the biggest issue though using real SIO device (SIO2SD or disk drive with turbo) seems to be enforcing 1xSIO loading time. It's seriously ultra-slow in DD density.

That wouldn't be a big issue when loading next level, but intro is suffering big time because of it, whole fluency is gone, music stops , everything is paused by long loading breaks. Can there be something done about it (no loading during intro) or not forcing 1xSIO by xBios, when system and drive supports 3xSIO already at boot (using e.g. QMEG, HiassofT ROM, or drive own turbo handler laded with opened lever)? Disabling turbo and forcing 1xSIO is putting us 30 years back ?

As for attached images of carts, instead(apart?) of CAR, could ROM/BIN be provided? I can't program SIC! Cart with CAR ;) EDIT: removed first 16 bytes myself and it works.

P.S.

Thanks for the effort to everyone involved.

Edited by Jacques

4 minutes ago, xxl said:

You must try SIDEB insert from side B. ;-)

great, the best game of the year is getting ready: D

I can't wait to save this poor princess with lordosis :DD

Hmmm. Considering the outwardly obvious friction between yourself and Candle (specifically his hardware), should I be reading between the lines here? Because it would be disappointing if that was the case.

I'll buy this game assuming I can get it to load at faster than snail's pace.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jacques said:

putting us 30 years back

what are you here for? does not take you 40 years back? :D

You can always use the native Atari data carrier (which is Cartridge), and you won't complain that this makes Atari a game console, not a super professional and extremely well thought-out computer system ;-) 

chill out :)

14 minutes ago, xxl said:

what are you here for? does not take you 40 years back? :D

You can always use the native Atari data carrier (which is Cartridge), and you won't complain that this makes Atari a game console, not a super professional and extremely well thought-out computer system ;-) 

chill out :)

This is sounding very suss.

Whatever is between yourself and Candle doesn't interest me as a paying customer that built up a very capable A8 and wants to use it as I intended, not how you intend for me to use it. I hope there isn't some underlying code in xbios causing this issue with SIDE3 as has been the case with certain configs and code written by yourself in the past, as that's in no way acceptable.

If that's not the case, I apologize. But from where I'm standing it appears that you find this quite amusing - Understand, that I don't find it amusing at all.

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pps said:

Wanted to test the ATARIMax Image, but can't flash it to my Cart. Can't import the .car into Maxflash Studio.

That's not how it works, use the 'Cartridge/Program' menu if you have the programmer/cable or use the 'Tools/Convert BIN to ATR image' but that requires cutting the 16 byte header from the car file first, e.g. via a hex editor or loading/saving-as from Altirra. Here's an ATR to program the 8Mb MaxFlash cart in case anyone needs it.

PoP_Atarimax_20210610.atr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3