IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

1 hour ago, STE'86 said:

looks like you are in for the mouse then guys.

ain't coder ego an awesome sight.

It's all about pushing the hardware, something you've repeatedly failed to understand.

Nice of you releasing a picture that you have nothing to do with but in line with the mentality of a few here:

Totally incompetent but insist that their view should prevail.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Shouldnt the bit between his face and his arm be blue too?

yes it should.

its a ghost image of the Prince

I'm not 100% sure if the ghost effect on the right is designed to be animation motion or the shadow from the game. the effect works for either narrative so who cares? :) but yes it should be blue too.

@José Pereira, try making the blue a touch less RGB blue by using the same shade of one of the other 2 blue tints,

I think people are trying to be helpful and lighten the load, getting lots of ideas out there and maybe something will strike your fancy.

perhaps a 100% clearly defined what you are looking to do in what resolution, screen mode(s) (if you are locked in to a certain display method etc.) and number of apparent colors etc. would be cool

As I understand you the mouse is just a placeholder and if nothing else is possible or works out the placeholder will remain.

People are excited and want it to be the best it can be... as do you... so they aren't against you or forcing their will, they are building on what they think is the base of what's been shown. I'm thinking the best of everyone!! in this case

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, rensoup said:

It's all about pushing the hardware, something you've repeatedly failed to understand.

Nice of you releasing a picture that you have nothing to do with but in line with the mentality of a few here:

Totally incompetent but insist that their view should prevail.

you mean the dead picture that you couldnt convert if your life depended on it which i made work to most peoples appreciation? Including i have to say the original artist.

and its not about pushing the fcking hardware its about making something that looks good. the whole damned game is done in about 5 colours. your palace bedroom is extremely mono but thats brushed off as "atmospheric" so just belt up

• Like 5

1 hour ago, STE'86 said:

and its not about pushing the fcking hardware

Yes it is because that's the direction I'm taking. Feel free to make your own...  Right, you've already tried.

1 hour ago, STE'86 said:

its about making something that looks good

Well, you certainly failed the C64 version...

Now you want to fail the A8 one ? Not going to happen.

1 hour ago, STE'86 said:

your palace bedroom is extremely mono but thats brushed off as "atmospheric" so just belt up

Yes the palace room is mono, so atmospheric!

This is an A8, there are limits to the hardware. 

It is extremely beautiful as it is.

I don't see what could possibly be improved.

Oh wait... it's wip.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, VinsCool said:

Hey at least I am trying! :D 
Be the Master Burger Flipper, no one could argue with decades of burgers knowledge ?

You're one hell of a flipper ?

More seriously, you've understood what the project is about and it's been pretty cool collaborating with you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I think people are trying to be helpful and lighten the load, getting lots of ideas out there and maybe something will strike your fancy.

perhaps a 100% clearly defined what you are looking to do in what resolution, screen mode(s) (if you are locked in to a certain display method etc.) and number of apparent colors etc. would be cool

Some people are but I didn't ask for help because of what invariably happens next...

As I understand you the mouse is just a placeholder and if nothing else is possible or works out the placeholder will remain.

That's right. The title picture has unfortunately been the curse of this project...

People are excited and want it to be the best it can be... as do you... so they aren't against you or forcing their will, they are building on what they think is the base of what's been shown. I'm thinking the best of everyone!! in this case

This picture should not have been released by someone who has no right to. Now it's a total mess again.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

LOL no right to indeed.

u have had that image for over 12 months, what have u managed to do with it?

bugger all. in fact you wrote it off.

now everyone can see that its a viable option in 3 days.

if theres one thing i hate it's quality artwork resources being wasted.

Edited by STE'86
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, STE'86 said:

now everyone can see that its a viable option in 3 days.

Congratulations on producing a 5 yellow to purple duotone color gradient... 

You should be proud, those 30 seconds you spent on it were wisely invested.

Next time I need something really obvious done art wise, I'll know who to call for rescue.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, rensoup said:

You have to realize that this is the initial revision of the picture, which Sparkler sent me over a year and half ago and never updated after that. 

So yeah changes would be possible, and even required to make it work...

You people need to understand that this picture is not being actively worked on.

Whatever's going to be the final pic, I have no idea but if you see the mouse in the final version, it just means that nothing else worked out.

Sorry to say that, but I still like the mouse picture most. 

It's just the palace needed some more details. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Faicuai said:

Hard to white-balance correctly during capture, but this is an approximation of how it looks in NTSC (DVI-D, Sophia-2, default palette):

6230148D-DDB1-437F-8E28-702DE80A4BA6.thumb.jpeg.109733308574ccfe80b8e5157056ad28.jpeg

Top of logo title letters is a brown but on NTSC turns to green.

Is a bit like seeing the PAL palette then NTSC is -1 value. It's for the coder to adapt automatically or create two versions that can solve these things .

i usually work in G2F and Altirra with PAL and palette settings.

11 hours ago, rensoup said:

An honorable attempt, still has a slight monochrome touch...

Never have agreed more with you as now.

That's what is wrote above and to add that there's still DLIs,...

I'll add colours you can be sure. 

Work for during next week because I decided to have an A8 rest during weekends so you'll and others have to wait ?.

Stay tuned...

?

37 minutes ago, Philsan said:

@STE'86

1069334674_PalettePAL-NTSC.thumb.png.d68a08ce0752cf9dc475e02ff44cb8ab.png

FYI, any Atari palette rendition where bands 1 and F are matched implies a 240-color rendition, yet our machines are designed to produce a 256-color map.

In other words, our machines produce a color map in which each individual cell is different from any other given cell, so 256 lumas+hues are achieved.

Therefore, any adjustment that actually reduces such color range, is not ideal (at all) unless purposefully attempting to render SW titles that were specifically designed around such compression.