IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

6 hours ago, rensoup said:

the DD version is by far the most downloaded one. Any idea why ? I'm guessing Fujinet ?

Yes, it's the most convenient version for people with SIO devices. Good Job, thank you! (and of course all the other people involved)

Edited by Dinadan67
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rensoup said:

Something I'm curious about... the download counters show consistently shows that the DD version is by far the most downloaded one. Any idea why ? I'm guessing Fujinet ?

I thought the cart versions would be more popular, and perhaps they are since their numbers should probably be added together as people download a single one (and potentially download the DD version too?)

What's even more puzzling is that the SD version is the 2nd most downloaded build ?, I just can't imagine 500 people putting this on floppies ?

Add all the cart versions together... multicart/flashcart is definitely the most popular option. 

Then the DD for the SIO device crowd. 

SD for the people playing Pokérom (Gotta collect em' all), making disks or just indecisive.

It would have been interesting to see how popular an XEX version was.

I have no hope of finishing this game - Im not that good at the controls.  But watching the video its amazing the amount of work required to get all 14 levels working with all the various nuances.  I can now see why this game was such a big deal when it was first released.  Really cool game and thanks to all who made it happen on the 8bit.  I hope to be able to figure out a few levels one of these days, but just watching the gorgeous graphics in the intros and such is cool :) 

• Like 1

@rensoup, could you please attach an ATR image together with SIC Flasher and a game ROM file so that flashing it to SIC cart would be possible? Right now, one has to strip 16-byte CAR header, transfer so created ROM file to an ATR and only then a cart can be flashed with SIC Flasher. A DSDD 360KB image can handle this.

Thanks. 

PS. I already did it so I'm asking on behalf of others.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Peri Noid said:

@rensoup, could you please attach an ATR image together with SIC Flasher and a game ROM file so that flashing it to SIC cart would be possible? Right now, one has to strip 16-byte CAR header, transfer so created ROM file to an ATR and only then a cart can be flashed with SIC Flasher. A DSDD 360KB image can handle this.

Thanks. 

PS. I already did it so I'm asking on behalf of others.

why not send it to rensoupp so he can look it over and post it if all is okay rather than having him do it again?

• Like 2

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=28983738

I found this image but it's not showing in the thread... but it's from this thread...

is it possible a picture is covering another picture and obscuring it from view?

https://atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_10/IMG_9057.PNG.84a244e73fd867318a162c5f07b16f96.PNG

Number 19 on this list of big news events!

Perhaps some views, comments?

Nice to see it ranked nicely and such a trend might continue.

• Like 3

Just played the game myself "for Atari" for the first time, using Altirra for now.   I played in both NTSC and in PAL mode. 

It's beautiful, and exactly the behavior and game-play mechanics expected that was such a hallmark of the Jordan Mechner games back in the day.  The music and sound is terrific, and the title screen is icing on the cake.  Not to mention that impressive intro while loading.   

Wonderful job, and it's great to see this on Atari finally.  And so perfectly implemented too.

Can't wait to try it out on my real hardware later.  

-Eric

• Like 2

Bots are definitely following this forum. If I post something with an attachment, refresh, it has 1 download within a few seconds. Always. If I post it without an attachment, then edit, and add an attachment, it sticks to zero downloads, until a regular forum member (or another bot ;) ) downloads it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ivop said:

Bots are definitely following this forum. If I post something with an attachment, refresh, it has 1 download within a few seconds. Always. If I post it without an attachment, then edit, and add an attachment, it sticks to zero downloads, until a regular forum member (or another bot ;) ) downloads it.

Ha, can't really say as I would blame anyone for having a download bot here.  As there are always posts where binaries get removed, etc.  Is it possible Archive.org has a bot to fill up the wayback machine?

51 minutes ago, leech said:

Is it possible Archive.org has a bot to fill up the wayback machine?

The Wayback machine just takes snapshots on various intervals (days); it's not constantly crawling any sites. So, it wouldn't be here jumping on every file as soon as it was posted. Although it does take snapshots more often for sites that are frequently updated. It looks like it updates for Atariage about 10-15 times (days) per month; and this is a very active site.

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Prince of Persia on tomorrow's (Tue Oct 26, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

Game:

831498202_20211026-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.dbc23b3ef5200201f6c82b79ac552cd7.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, michomis said:

I have already finished 1-8 levels on previous version, and now I want to continue from 9 on newest release, but level selector is blocked.

Any chance to spare info how to unlock these "cheats"?

Sometime this year!

(perhaps next month...)

Patience... or practice.

• Like 2

Regarding the DD version, I understand many devices support it but I assume the vast majority play on emulators where carts would be the better choices (unless they don't really care and just hit F1 in Altirra)

Regarding bots, since I'm editing the first post I guess it's probably skipped, so they shouldn't skew the results?

7 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=28983738

I found this image but it's not showing in the thread... but it's from this thread...

is it possible a picture is covering another picture and obscuring it from view?

Nice but the video is terrible... it plays the intro in NTSC (which downgrades the intro effects) then resets midway during the intro, then it has no flickery text ?

Could anyone reply and post the one I painfully did myself ?

• Like 2