IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

13 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

I held [START] right away, but nothing happened. I have a spinning Fuji symbol, 1/2 white, lower half yellow. Music is playing.

3 horizontal lines in upper part of video. First line lower than the second 2.

ALL I want is to know how to use this. Will it run on my CPU is the question.
The 65xxx architecture will be around forever, and we MUST keep up w/ the new ones.

You should not HOLD start "right away", you simply PRESS start while the demo is running. Then wait a bit (you sound like the kind of person to think it's not working immediately) , as the text that swirls changes and presents you the "results" of the random selection of Music and Sound banks. Next, the game starts. 

If not, use a normel Sally as everyone else does. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Question: Am I getting this ridiculous demo instead of PoP because I am running on a 65C802 CPU?

If so, then,  you must know that according to universal law that NO one person is above ANOTHER. This is universal law. Are you a STRICTLY 8 bit CPU CULT?

I like what is Compatible [ If [YOU] follow the RULES].

Please stay compatible and it will all be great.

How DARE [YOU] DISCRIMINATE?

I hope I am wrong. about this and made a mistake. If Not, Then BE READY. Class Action Lawsuits can be effective.

DISCRIMINATION = [EVIL]

Seriously, is this a sick joke, or what?

I have a suggestion for you, have a professional go through your entire post history on AA and create a psychological profile for you, READ IT!

You are like the knob who walks into a Shell station with a Tesla and complain they don't have a SuperCharger. :roll:

Knock it off, or I will make you invisible until you stop‼️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Level42 said:

He didn't state which country. You Americans all think the world is not greater than your scary corner of the planet....

Well Kyle does reside in the US, and was likely born here as well, so why would I assume otherwise ;)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Are you a STRICTLY 8 bit CPU CULT?

I like what is Compatible [ If [YOU] follow the RULES].

I don't know about a cult but you're sounding like a nut right now... 

The game runs fine on a 65c816 (and the speed increase is a lot more than 20% if you change the frame limiter)

On 11/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, nowy80 said:

I invite you to watch the Prince Of Persia material for 8 bit Atari. A short comparison of how it works with the Rapidus turbo card and without the card :)
With the Rapidus card:
- speed increase by about 20%,
-No slowdowns in the game with more objects on the screen
- completely different sounds in the game
- slight graphics errors
English version:
https://youtu.be/jab3h_q-77w

As others have stated, just hit space/start when the music starts to skip the intro. The flying characters part doesn't use extended opcodes so you've got about 18 seconds before it'll crash on a non 6502c CPU.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

Sorry to be an autistic moron

Autistic should not be a synonym for asshole, but I see that quite a bit on this forum actually.  Makes it bad for the few that may actually have this symptom, and not just try to cover up the fact that yeah, they are really just an asshole.  I personally cop to being a grade A asshole.  I don't try to blame it on anything else.

• Like 7

What? Won't there be class action lawsuits at all? Wasn't it a complex conspiracy to discriminate 65C802 CPU users? Isn't there a STRICTLY 8 bit CPU CULT underground movement against the Perfectly compatible 16 bit chip? Even not a subtle interest from the authors of this port to PURPOSELY EXCLUDE it? So, Universe [GOD]... wasn't watching after all?

"If not, then it's a REAL shame."

Edited by Yautja
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Yautja said:

What? Won't there be class action lawsuits at all? Wasn't it a complex conspiracy to discriminate 65C802 CPU users? Isn't there a STRICTLY 8 bit CPU CULT underground movement against the Perfectly compatible 16 bit chip? Even not a subtle interest from the authors of this port to PURPOSELY EXCLUDE it? So, Universe [GOD]... wasn't watching after all?

Sorry, I have been sensitized to 16 bit hate by some of the usual suspects that use illegal opcodes on purpose to thwart forward thinking people. It is GOOD to know how to get PoP to run. It is running nicely on on my 65C802.

I thank the writers for not blocking this for advanced CPU users.

I made a mistake when I complained. I didn't press the key quick enough and [wrongly] assumed it was because of xbios or something.

PoP is currently running right now on my Incognito and looking good.

53 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Autistic should not be a synonym for asshole, but I see that quite a bit on this forum actually.  Makes it bad for the few that may actually have this symptom, and not just try to cover up the fact that yeah, they are really just an asshole.  I personally cop to being a grade A asshole.  I don't try to blame it on anything else.

Ha, yeah I man up and admit when I was being an asshole.  Then again, I do try not to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yautja said:

Haha, F**k 65C802 CPU users, they all smell funny!

Aslo screw those that have swapped their MC68000 for 68000HC that run cooler!  Oh wait, I did that... ?

At least it seems to work for @Kyle22

• Haha 1

OK, Sorry about the complaint. IDK if this wasn't a little inbuilt trick (if so, well done). Maybe I didn't read the docs enough.

The game looks great on my Incognito 802. I'm not good at playing it, but it looks and sounds good.

Thanks to all that contributed to this game.

-K

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Sure, I can be an asshole. No problem. PoP is working GREAT now that I know to press the key quickly.

:)

Like early Synapse games which crashed on XLs if you didn‘t hit Start fast enough….can this be pure coincidence?

;)

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Thanks Stephen.

Having two stepchildren with mild forms of autism I am absolutely appalled by this shit that Kyle22 wrote.

You have no fucking clue about autism and the effects it has on peoples lives. My wife’s ex has it too, trust me life was hard for her with him, but he is totally not an asshole.

Autism comes in all kinds of forms and ranges and the symptoms might seem someone to be an asshole, but in fact, sometimes they simply miss a part of the puzzle that makes social and human interaction the way most of us without autism think it  “should be”.

My mastery of English isn’t good enough to explain it fully, and this is also not the place….but my wife could write a book about it with an ex husband and two kids all having autism.

You’ve been excusing yourself for what you wrote about your overcharged A8 but I demand an apology on behalf of all people with autism.

‘Cause if it sounds like there’s any assholes here, you’re the one.

Edited by Level42
  • Thanks 1

The Synapse game problem was an XL OS compatibility thing.  Their games also tended to do checksums to detect if anyone had modified the code, so generally there weren't many patched/fixed copies in circulation.
Some also polled the disk drive at the end of loading and if the wrong response was gotten would lock up, e.g. drive should be not present if it was the tape version of a game.

3 hours ago, Level42 said:

You’ve been excusing yourself for what you wrote about your overcharged A8 but I demand an apology on behalf of all people with autism.

I don't disagree with you.  While we're riding the apology train, would you mind giving one for the following statement of yours?

22 hours ago, Level42 said:

You Americans all think the world is not greater than your scary corner of the planet....

Other than sheer hypocrisy, there is no reason why you should be permitted to malign an entire nation of people yet cherry-pick your own special interests as being somehow more worthy of being held inviolable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Level42 said:

Thanks Stephen.

Having two stepchildren with mild forms of autism I am absolutely appalled by this shit that Kyle22 wrote.

You have no fucking clue about autism and the effects it has on peoples lives. My wife’s ex has it too, trust me life was hard for her with him, but he is totally not an asshole.

Autism comes in all kinds of forms and ranges and the symptoms might seem someone to be an asshole, but in fact, sometimes they simply miss a part of the puzzle that makes social and human interaction the way most of us without autism think it  “should be”.

My mastery of English isn’t good enough to explain it fully, and this is also not the place….but my wife could write a book about it with an ex husband and two kids all having autism.

‘Cause if it sounds like there’s any assholes here, you’re the one.

Yeah - my cousin's oldest boy has severe autism.  He'll be 16 soon, and there hasn't been many easy days in her life caring for him, dealing with the special schools, dealing with shit from onlookers, etc.

• Like 2

Well you have a point. I actually meant that as a joke but I should have put a smiley at the end of the sentence to make that clear.

I'm sorry. Plenty of great folks in the USA, I shouldn't have written that.

Sometimes we do feel it's a bit scary though. I can give you the reasons, but we're too far off-topic again as it is....

Edited by Level42
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Level42 said:

Well you have a point. I actually meant that as a joke but I should have put a smiley at the end of the sentence to make that clear.

Fair enough - I've made that mistake before as well.  Appreciate the clarification and apology.

I'm sorry. Plenty of great folks in the USA, I shouldn't have written that.

For what it's worth, you and I have the same colour passport.  I'm living in the US, though, and my wife is American.  It's really embarrassing when I read things like that because I may end up having to explain to people (not her - she gets it) that this isn't really how Europe feels towards America or Americans in general - most of the time ;)

Sometimes we do feel it's a bit scary though. I can give you the reasons, but we're too far off-topic again as it is....

Yup.  And now, back to your regularly-scheduled Prince of Persia thread...

And to bring it full circle...

I must confess to having been a bit too distracted with other projects while POP was being developed, so I'm a bit out of touch with where things are at presently, although from the graphics I've seen when perusing this thread it looks fantastic ?  So I would like to correct that and give this game a play.

Without going through the last 145 pages, what hardware is required?  I have a U1MB and an Uno Cart - is this enough, or do I need a MaxFlash cart or otherwise?  Where are the downloads - assuming its been released to the public in that fashion?

Thanks in advance for the answers to any of my questions :)

Edited by mytek
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mytek said:

Without going through the last 145 pages, what hardware is required?

128K of RAM and a way to load disk or cartridge images.  I'm playing mainly the cartridge images from a SIDE3 on a 256K 800XL, but have also loaded the disk versions without issue from a FujiNet.

10 hours ago, mytek said:

Where are the downloads - assuming its been released to the public in that fashion?

See the first post in the thread for those :-D  The 2021/12/06 bugfix version is current.

• Like 1