IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

1 hour ago, derSammler said:

That makes you weird. Moderation is not about censorship. While you may not like his comment, it's nothing a moderator should reject in the first place. I don't even see where's the issue with what he wrote. Maybe some people just take written words too seriously.

Lol, so that is just what you did yourself. My first line was obviously a joke you have missed. Good day. 

4 hours ago, Marius said:

Do you know what is weird... that under your avatar on the left I read "Content moderated - indefinitely" and your comment did make it to the thread.

I have this thread and half the participants muted, but since I was tagged, it's amusing that U1MB was brought up in a discussion concerning a bug in a game which still has issues all these months later, none of which apparently depend on U1MB being present in the machine at all. Or perhaps such a response is self-explanatory, given its origin. No-one has a problem with any half-competent developer who identifies an issue and promptly fixes it, of course. There's some dignity in that, at least.

4 hours ago, Marius said:

You have proven your point that it is possible to write something that does not work.

Indeed. Amply demonstrated in this thread, U1MB or no U1MB. :D

• Like 5

It's not a compromise for the u1m at all, the u1m can do it. It's a matter of if the designer wants to redo the jed et al, and if they still have all that laying around to play with or even feel it's important to do for that matter.

as to the section you where you wrote ;word deleted; obnoxious point of view /  ideas, be aware that it's a possible to be indefinitely moderated for using just such wording. In fact it may just be the answer to the poorly chosen reference to it.

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

It's not a compromise for the u1m at all, the u1m can do it. It's a matter of if the designer wants to redo the jed et al, and if they still have all that laying around to play with or even feel it's important to do for that matter.

as to the section you where you wrote ;word deleted; obnoxious point of view /  ideas, be aware that it's a possible to be indefinitely moderated for using just such wording. In fact it may just be the answer to the poorly chosen reference to it.

The only reason I brought this up, is because XXL takes every chance to bash U1MB. No matter what the issue is, as soon as he can bash U1MB he will take the chance. My post was simply meant to invite him to take another position, and use his humanity, skills etc. to help the a8 scene to become a better place in stead of repeatedly taking every chance to bash the u1mb. 

It's becoming pretty annoying that bashing of the U1MB. I admit, I used a lot of sentences, but if you read the whole post, it becomes entirely clear that I meant just that. 

If I offended someone with my words, I will be the first to apologize. So let me do that in advance. That is never my meaning, and never was. 

And I totally agree. Let's drop this. I love the game, it's great. And the last thing I want is to derail this thread. So all the best people. If I could remove the earlier post from my side, I would do it, but I can't. So, let's move on.

Edited by Marius
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, DjayBee said:

Come on guys, can you please go back some 50 pages in this thread and read everything about U1MB there instead of restarting this off-topic-nonsense?

Everything has already been discussed.

But how do we know that the horse is actually dead unless we flog it some more? ?

• Haha 3

On 12/16/2021 at 10:51 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

So memory could still play a part in this and I changed the conditions with my RAM replacement.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:20 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

It definitely hasn't been changed out since then, so is still in there.  Hmm.  Might be worth swapping out and seeing what happens.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:29 PM, Level42 said:

Finally had the chance to download V1.01 and I can confirm that sometimes it happens on my 600XL with U1MB using SIDE3 too, but definitely not always.

I was curious if it happened on real HW which you guys confirmed but V1.01 like I mentioned earlier still has the problem. I fixed it locally but there's no immediate release planned.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

I have this thread and half the participants muted, but since I was tagged, it's amusing that U1MB was brought up in a discussion concerning a bug in a game which still has issues all these months later, none of which apparently depend on U1MB being present in the machine at all. Or perhaps such a response is self-explanatory, given its origin. No-one has a problem with any half-competent developer who identifies an issue and promptly fixes it, of course. There's some dignity in that, at least.

14 hours ago, Marius said:

You have proven your point that it is possible to write something that does not work.

Indeed. Amply demonstrated in this thread, U1MB or no U1MB. :D

I see you could not contain yourself and peed out of your diapers again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rensoup said:

Duh... it says "This game is not for sale" but it doesn't stop people from trying to make a quick buck...

(Not taking a stab at you Vins, I understand the interest in getting a physical copy)

It's not what you think really :)

Fellow Atari Age member @Wilheim was very kind and sent me a physical copy as a thank you gift :love:

Thanks again! The game works perfectly as far as I could tell :D

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, VinsCool said:

It's not what you think really :)

Fellow Atari Age member @Wilheim was very kind and sent me a physical copy as a thank you gift :love:

Thanks again! The game works perfectly as far as I could tell :D

Cool beans,  a beautiful thank you gift indeed!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 9:23 PM, rensoup said:

Duh... it says "This game is not for sale" but it doesn't stop people from trying to make a quick buck...

(Not taking a stab at you Vins, I understand the interest in getting a physical copy)

It was a just a thank-you gift, considering Vin’s contribution.

Anyway, I understand your concerns.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rensoup said:

Something a bunch of you have been waiting for:

Hide contents

? IPOO?

I've tried with the latest "bug fix" version. Can't get a clue where to type the code -as for some reason, the menu is not showing up.

Edited by Yautja

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, great looking game!

In the title menu there is an option "Start Level" and "Start Health" but they are both greyed out.

Anyone know how I can activate these options so that I can use them?

(I am running the CAR Megacart version on a MiSTer FPGA.)

Edited by Stechmann