IGNORED

We TI'ers are popular/busy on Atariage!

Omega-TI

22 minutes ago, Opry99er said:

Yes.... they don't like that the name "Atari" is in the name of the place where we choose to convene... some deep-seated disdain for the Atari 8 bits from the Home Computer war days.  Silly---but real.

At least we're not on CommodoreAge.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Opry99er said:

Yes.... they don't like that the name "Atari" is in the name of the place where we choose to convene... some deep-seated disdain for the Atari 8 bits from the Home Computer war days.  Silly---but real.

Well, maybe if you give them the URL ti99.atariage.com with an emphasis on the TI99 comes first...  ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Opry99er said:

I have to admit that when I first found out about AtariAge, the thought of holding a dedicated TI group under the Atari banner was not very appealing. I held nothing against Atari as it was more of a vague philosophical disquiet, but I kept an open mind and was extremely pleased by the ease of use and organization of the forum as compared to the clunky Yahoo Groups. For a long time I kept a foot in both worlds, but then gradually drifted full-time to AtariAge and stopped frequenting Yahoo altogether. All I have to say to the last few stubborn holdouts is that you are missing out big time on a truly amazing community... A damn shame if you ask me...

• Like 5

I don't have any nostalgia for the TI, nor any experience with the machine, but I check in here all the time because the enthusiasm that shines off this portion of the board. 

I have the technology to emulate and learn about it. One of these days, I might do just that!

Congratulations on the posting milestone. 

• Like 9

I rather like that this community has very talented people in it.

It's one of the things compelling me to contribute to it however I can.  I like watching talented people make amazing things, and if I can help that process, it makes me happier.

It's also just plain fun to get old hardware to do new things; Like yourself, I dont have nostalgia for this system, as I never owned one. (I am far to young. I got to enjoy x86's rise to prominence as a child instead. I can make old DOS machines get up and do an Irish jig.  Not so much on the TI I have been prodding at. I'll get the hang of it though.)

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 11:36 AM, wierd_w said:

I rather like that this community has very talented people in it.

It's one of the things compelling me to contribute to it however I can.  I like watching talented people make amazing things, and if I can help that process, it makes me happier.

It's also just plain fun to get old hardware to do new things; Like yourself, I dont have nostalgia for this system, as I never owned one. (I am far to young. I got to enjoy x86's rise to prominence as a child instead. I can make old DOS machines get up and do an Irish jig.  Not so much on the TI I have been prodding at. I'll get the hang of it though.)

as a kid my 1st computer was a TI-99. But when I came back to classic computing I went back to the TI-99 less out of nostalgia (I actually had a Atari 800xl much longer) but was that the TI-99 has so much more untapped potential. with like the C64 or even the Atari 8-bit pretty much everything that can be done has been done. with the TI-99 there is still things that can done even with ExBASIC no one has done before. Also the community is very active and willing to help out.