IGNORED

HELP FOR PSU PHIHONG PSM-5341 MEGA STE

bevenais

There is a pinned post at the top of this forum.

The following links from that post sell PSUs

Best Electronics [New and Used Original Atari Replacement Parts]

B&C Computer Visions, eBay Store [New and Used Original Atari Replacement Parts]

CenturionTech [Falcon RAM, Adjustable sys clock gen, Falcon HD bracket, Mega ST KB Cable, ST PS, Falcon Clock Patch, Falcon NVRAM Clock, ST2VGA]

Exxos [New and Used Atari Replacement Parts, plus has third party upgrades of all sorts]

• 9 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, Bikerbob said:

You say anymore.. what happened?

I am recapping 2 of mine in the next few weeks. I am willing to recap yours. Where are you?   But understanding how it stopped working would be good.. Do you have pictures? 

James

Hello James. I am also in Mississauga. Have TWO MegaSTe bodies, as of today both have failed floppy drives and will not boot. I could use your help. =John S. Gray (using Notator 3.1 to write music, still)

Floppy drives probably need cleaning and recapping, that said, old disks can gum up the heads and they will need cleaning again.  There has been the suggestion of replacing ST supplies with a MeanWell RD-50A, got that on question right now, as opposed to recapping a supply, although I have done that as well