IGNORED

Nice, reasonable person on ebay - not mine.

doctor_x

1 hour ago, 777ismyname said:

???

Either he wants only Brits to get it or shipping one of those to the USA would probably end up a box of scrap metal unless the seller does a really good job of packaging it..Mind you with the extra hassle of the 110v probably makes it a tough purchase..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Either he wants only Brits to get it or shipping one of those to the USA would probably end up a box of scrap metal unless the seller does a really good job of packaging it..Mind you with the extra hassle of the 110v probably makes it a tough purchase..

Tis all good. I assumed he meant he wanted it for himself :) 

I’ve always wanted one of these drives, but one isn’t in the budget for a bit. 

My apologies.. at first glance this look like it was an up-and-up deal.. I dont post ebay auctions here often - but when I find something that *I* consider a gem I assume others might too (like the ATR8000 a few weeks ago) ...

I most certainly had zero intent of creating drama.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, doctor_x said:

My apologies.. at first glance this look like it was an up-and-up deal.. I dont post ebay auctions here often - but when I find something that *I* consider a gem I assume others might too (like the ATR8000 a few weeks ago) ...

I most certainly had zero intent of creating drama.

No drama at all, doctor_x. The heads up is cool with me! If I had oodles of $$ I’d snatch about every A8 thing I saw on eBay. There’d be a Hoarders episode about the dude in the Appalachians that had most of the world’s stock of A8 gear ? 

Edited by 777ismyname

5 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Lol....Just get a kid sat outside playing a banjo then I'd say the stock is safe :)

I envy you tbh, that countryside sounds wonderful...Not so sure about the snakes etc tho :)

Not so many snakes, at least that I notice.   A nearby small mountain town did have mountain music once a week for 35 years, but sadly they closed down last year. There were all sorts of banjos, dulcimers, mandolins, and acoustic guitars to be heard. Where I’m at isn’t too dissimilar to the Lake District near you; we have less lakes, the mountains are higher, and are more heavily forested. The direct descendants from my white (I’m 1/4 Indian, or Native American in U.S. parlance) are from Cumbria (I think some still love near Kendal) and eastward over to Northumberland. If I do not make it over there in 2020 it will be 2021. One of these days :)