IGNORED

New gaming from hard disk system, for GEM games

I did so far 7 games with it, may look (YT videos too), DL here: http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd2.php

It is similar to HAGA (hard disk gaming Atari), difference is that in new system, called HAGE full TOS 1.04 with some changes is in RAM, so GEM/AES part of it too. In case of HAGA, only GEMDOS part is present, and that's good for some 90-95% of Atari ST games. I guess that there are about 100 ST games which use AES in some ways.

Obviously, HAGE needs more RAM, but still most of games can work on 1MB machines - when set hard disk driver for low RAM usage, doing clean boot. Excaption is TOS 2.06, then min RAM is 2 MB (it uses more RAM) .

Usual goodies are now available: state saves, simple exit to Desktop. By some games you can exit to Desktop of TOS in RAM too ?

Chess Player 2150 - it uses AES menus, alerts .

Deja Vu - AES menus, window .

Oil Imperium - not real AES window, menus, but using AES calls. Works in color and monochrome mode.

Invaders - monochrome mode. AES dialog. Play is with joystick, of course. And rare one with multiple fire at once.

Tanglewood - case of using AES calls, while it could be done without. Game has strange controls, I think.

Breach - this is game with poorest AES/GEM usage - looks almost like some utility ?

Cosmos - shooter with joystick, nothing AES-thetic visible, but it uses AES calls  ...

For now only ST, STE. TT, Falcon support may happen later.

More coming soon . And probably this will be base for new Floppy Image Runner v.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2