IGNORED

FS: Fairchild Channel F Tetris - Videocart 28

e5frog

I'll purchase a certain amount of components which will be enough to make probably double the amount already paid for, then calculate the real cost before offering these. 
There's customs fees and a few other details that might get more expensive than planned or if something goes wrong and has to be redone, startup costs for having things printed etc.

We'll see, some parts have already arrived. I believe I have enough cartridge shells to cover more than the already bought ones. 

• 3 weeks later...

Prices are set, and it ended up in the expected price range: $97, free standard shipping, registered shipping is $11 more. 

I'm ready to take on five more buyers, feel free to send your payment. 

Everything isn't 100% done yet (box graphics, some code and also waiting for the music code to be finished and sent to me), as well as waiting for reply from the printer's that they have got the right kind of paper in stock. But prices for materials are in so that's done. 

As there are 13 cartridges to make at this time, don't buy one yet if you are impatient needing to wait between payment and delivery. ;-) 

On 11/29/2019 at 7:12 PM, e5frog said:

FINAL PRICE:

$97

Incl. standard shipping. 
Registered shipping is US$11 extra.

Actually looks good in widescreen, it corrects building blocks to more square ones. 

You're paying for one Tetris Videocart with custom labels and dito box.

PayPal:

e5frog@gmail.com

Three IMPORTANT details:

Make sure you pay in US$ (not automatic SEK by PayPal)

Make sure I receive the full amount, add the whole cost of fees to your payment or use the friends-option. (this is a very difficult task)

Please make sure I know who's paying and your address, add your alias and/or send me an email about it

Swedish guys (and gals - ha ha, sure...) can pay via banktransfer or Swish as well. 

(It's a pay via a cell phone service - who uses cash anymore?)

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or to the e-mail address above and I'll answer. 

Reveal hidden contents

I will probably ask for opinions about the box here in the thread, the mockup is a 5min job, well a little longer, had to piece together letters.

Peter Trauner sent me his latest code which has a few updates I didn't know about.

Here's the original message:

15 years after Peter Trauner's release I have now asked permission to release it as a cart of its own (and it was OK). 
I feel confident enough after selling Pac-Man and Multi-Carts for about ten years no, got things sorted out to take on a new cart for myself. 

I'd like you to write down if you're interested and I'll present further details in this thread and make it into a sales thread.

Some things are of course expensive in small amounts so the more people who can share the costs the cheaper it will be, estimation is around $100, first round is always has the highest cost. 

Here's a quick idea on the box, same style as later cartridge (18-26), instruction booklet may also be included, haven't decided yet...

If you're not interested, perhaps suggest another title.

Thanks!

0000.png 

First mockup box:

Tetris_box_mockup.png.5cd9cef07cd4606a2741e450a42e0511.png

Buyers (shipping order):

1. George E.
2. Ronald P.
3. Blazing Lazers
4. cvga
5. cjherr (reg)
6. atarirx
7. masschamber
8. Jason K.
9. stupus
A. VectrexRoli (reg)
B. eebuckeye
C. retrogmr

?

E:

F:

10:

11:

12:

13:

14:

Can I still have one? Please???

Progress so far:

Box motif is final, decided not to use mirrored R nor russian spelling and not the Nintendo image used in the mockup... and also not the old nor new official Tetris text logo. 

Decided to also make an instruction booklet, trying to decide what to write in it apart from basic instructions. I could use some help there from a native English-speaking fellow. 

Got the theme music today from "utz", haven't listen to it yet. It's going to play with the new title image. 

I'm going to add sound effect(s), at least when getting four rows, possibly a graphical effect as well. 

Going to change initial drop profile to lowest version. Being able to move sideways more than one step per drop step would be preferable. 

If feasible, different colored blocks. Considering  using a single centered playfield when playing single. Quick drop by pressing down could be useful insted of dragging the block down. 

These are my wanted additions, some are mostly done, some not started. I may not implement all of them, it needs to get done in reasonable time as well - even though I could release it as it is. 

Still waiting for the last parts to be delivered and print shop getting the proper cardboard. 

Is there any feature YOU would want to see in the game? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 7:12 PM, e5frog said:

FINAL PRICE:

$97

Incl. standard shipping. 
Registered shipping is US$11 extra.

Actually looks good in widescreen, it corrects building blocks to more square ones. 

You're paying for one Tetris Videocart with custom labels and dito box.

PayPal:

e5frog@gmail.com

Three IMPORTANT details:

Make sure you pay in US$ (not automatic SEK by PayPal)

Make sure I receive the full amount, add the whole cost of fees to your payment or use the friends-option. (this is a very difficult task)

Please make sure I know who's paying and your address, add your alias and/or send me an email about it

Swedish guys (and gals - ha ha, sure...) can pay via banktransfer or Swish as well. 

(It's a pay via a cell phone service - who uses cash anymore?)

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or to the e-mail address above and I'll answer. 

Reveal hidden contents

I will probably ask for opinions about the box here in the thread, the mockup is a 5min job, well a little longer, had to piece together letters.

Peter Trauner sent me his latest code which has a few updates I didn't know about.

Here's the original message:

15 years after Peter Trauner's release I have now asked permission to release it as a cart of its own (and it was OK). 
I feel confident enough after selling Pac-Man and Multi-Carts for about ten years no, got things sorted out to take on a new cart for myself. 

I'd like you to write down if you're interested and I'll present further details in this thread and make it into a sales thread.

Some things are of course expensive in small amounts so the more people who can share the costs the cheaper it will be, estimation is around $100, first round is always has the highest cost. 

Here's a quick idea on the box, same style as later cartridge (18-26), instruction booklet may also be included, haven't decided yet...

If you're not interested, perhaps suggest another title.

Thanks!

0000.png 

First mockup box:

Tetris_box_mockup.png.5cd9cef07cd4606a2741e450a42e0511.png

Buyers (shipping order):

1. George E.
2. Ronald P.
3. Blazing Lazers
4. cvga
5. cjherr (reg)
6. atarirx
7. masschamber