IGNORED

As 2019 comes to an end...

Omega-TI

As 2019 comes to an end, I realize my time with the TI over the past 7 years has been totally awesome.  I've seen new TI toys come about that have quite literally blown my mind and changed the way I use my favorite computer.  To me, the F18A combined with the TIPI and the FinalGROM99 has been too awesome to describe.

On the hardware front, I'm looking forward to further upgrades with the F18A MKII and a Jedimatt42 WiFI keyboard combo as well.  Sadly at that point, I'm going to have to consider pairing down my duplicates and redundant systems as life happens and the need to downsize is gaining on me. 

Now it's always nice to have new stuff to look forward to, keeping the excitement level up, and with that, on the software front there is a game I've been looking forward to for years that is getting closer to completion.  So far the game looks pretty damn good... but I cannot tell you about it...yet.  Then there are other games that people are working on that show great promise as well.

I have no idea of 'what's next'.  My hope is some new piece of hardware 'that we cannot live without' pops up, but for the life of me, I have no idea what that could or might be. 

But yes, 2019 has been a good year.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

Really? For me, it's been "I spent way more than I should have..."

N = 365 days a year, multiplied by the number of years you been back into the TI.

I = The amount of your total investment into the TI.

I / N = Daily Expense

You may find it's not so bad after all!

Considering I make 20k/yr, it adds up quick.

(I changed careers to something that pays significantly less [I used to bring home over 100k, but having 3 bosses, and having to be constantly monitored because C-level hates paying people what they are worth made me feel like I was in a George Orwell novel. The final straw was when the company got bought out by a fortune 500, and they introduced the IP policy of DOOM which I could not agree to. Seriously, they wanted to claim ownership to any and all ideas I had, in perpetuity. No sunset clause in the verbiage. No thanks.], to have significantly less occupational stress. As long as I keep my tech habits in line, it's OK.  But this little toy is turning into a money trap.  Thankfully, at this rate, the last big purchase I need is an F18A.)

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2019 at 3:14 AM, --- Ω --- said:

But yes, 2019 has been a good year.

Not for us, unfortunately ... Just half an our ago I buried our beagle in the front yard (its ashes, actually), she died December 10 at age 14. The year 2019 also saw my father passing away end of January. So 2020 has high potential to become a better one.

A comedian on TV said: "I want full refund for that da** year 2019. It did not satisfy my expectations in any way." Nothing to add.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, mizapf said:

Not for us, unfortunately ... Just half an our ago I buried our beagle in the front yard (its ashes, actually), she died December 10 at age 14. The year 2019 also saw my father passing away end of January. So 2020 has high potential to become a better one.

A comedian on TV said: "I want full refund for that da** year 2019. It did not satisfy my expectations in any way." Nothing to add.

You have my sympathies.