IGNORED

Found a decent TV/Monitor

Mehridian Sanders

REM port is really just a jumper on a pigtail.

When the leads are closed, it disables the drive motor.  That's all it does; lets the computer disable the motor.

You can live without it, it just means you have to press play and or record pretty quickly when it prompts.

The leads on the back are separated left and right audio channels.  The TI datasette is a monotone signal.  Might be more sensible to just use a single channel and be done with it.

That REM port is (usually) for an IR protocol, daisy-chained between units.  A lot of systems back-in-the-day used them for a multi-device stack in which your tape deck, CD player, amplifier, etc. were not a single monolithic unit, which also allowed punters to build their own system.  For instance, we had a (Fisher, IIRC) system in which we replaced the single-disc CD player with a 100-disc CD changer -- quite fancy for the time -- and were still able to use the same remote by linking the REM ports.

Usually the remote receiver is in the amplifier or head unit which then sends IR remote commands to the other devices.  I never bothered to see if it intercepts its own commands and only sends unused commands to the chain, or if it sends all commands.

11 hours ago, wierd_w said:

The leads on the back are separated left and right audio channels.  The TI datasette is a monotone signal.  Might be more sensible to just use a single channel and be done with it.

The other issue to over-come as I discovered when interfacing system tape decks to the TI is the TI expects speaker-level inputs, while these systems almost always output line-level unamplified signals.

The other issue to over-come as I discovered when interfacing system tape decks to the TI is the TI expects speaker-level inputs, while these systems almost always output line-level unamplified signals.
Well... I feel fortunate to have only spent 5 on this lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have found this to be true. Well the 32k sidecar and the Fg99 have some preliminary solders down. Basic resistors and some buttons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk