IGNORED

No 3-4 player options in M.U.L.E.? (AVGCart, .XEX)

Xebec

Hi folks!

I'm prepping a bone stock 48K Atari 800+AVGCart for a retro LAN party next weekend, and I just noticed the versions of MULE that I have limit me to 1 or 2 planeteers only.   I've tried .XEX versions found via forum searches here, and what I already had from a while ago.  I also tried the multijoy figuring it wouldn't be compatible, and it wasn't.

It's not that the 3rd and 4th ports don't work - I can actually use those joysticks for players 1 or 2, but there's literally no option for 4 humans.  

Are there any other XEXs available?  I have an .ATR version that won't work on the latest AVGCart firmware, and a .bin file that also doesn't load.  

P.S.  After updating my AVGCart to the latest firmware, my existing mule.XEX won't even load now..   ugh :)   (tried copying a fresh version down, no change).  

7 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

You're welcome to try this cart version as the AvgCart provides the mapper.

I did have a report of it locking up after a few rounds but didn't get any followup on that if I recall, so worth giving it a try first.

Mule_MaxFlash.car 128.02 kB · 1 download

I was just searching for that ?

19 hours ago, Xebec said:

P.S.  After updating my AVGCart to the latest firmware, my existing mule.XEX won't even load now..   ugh :)   (tried copying a fresh version down, no change).  

can you attach the XEX that stopped working?

thanks

3 hours ago, tmp said:

this xex works for me, what was the version you upgraded from and what's your current firmware version?

I upgraded to 17 from the original AVGCart post (download link = http://avgcart.tmp.sk/files/atari/avgcart-0017.zip), and believe it was version 12 before.

I tested this on a second Atari 800 (bone stock, no mods at all) and same result.  Of course I don't know if it worked before on that version.  Mule.Atr also doesn't work (though I'm not sure which ATRs work / don't work on AVGCart).    

Thanks! 

looks like xex loader fix in 0016 broke something for OS B machines, if i choose that on my U1MB XL, mule doesn't work, it works with stock XL OS

downgrading to 0015 seems to help, on the other hand the menu doesn't run without pressing reset, i don't know if that was also happening on a real 800 since nobody reported that

i should get an 800 for testing but they're quite hard to come across around here

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2019 at 10:38 AM, tmp said:

looks like xex loader fix in 0016 broke something for OS B machines, if i choose that on my U1MB XL, mule doesn't work, it works with stock XL OS

downgrading to 0015 seems to help, on the other hand the menu doesn't run without pressing reset, i don't know if that was also happening on a real 800 since nobody reported that

i should get an 800 for testing but they're quite hard to come across around here

Is this sorted out for 18 0r 19?

• Like 1