IGNORED

We need a Twilight Princess remake on the Switch, because the Wii U version was incomplete

Zap!

While the Wii U Twilight Princess HD was a fantastic looking remake, it failed in the sense that it was just a port of the GameCube version, and ignored the Wii port. The vast majority of those that played the original TP played it on the Wii. As most of you know, the Wii port flipped the entire world, so that Link could be right-handed (sword in right hand), because most using the motion controllers were not left-handed, like Link always was before.

Why there wasn't an option to flip the world and use the Wii remote and Nunchuk is beyond me. I didn't even bother playing it again, as I want to play what I remember and enjoyed. I understand that many hate on the Wii and its controllers, but the system has its fans. We shouldn't be ignored, especially since both could have been put on the same disk.

So now with the Switch, we have a far larger user base than the Wii U, and also have the best motion controllers out there. Another Twilight Princess remake would be perfect for this system, and while they're at it, a Skyward Sword HD as well. But please, implement motion control options for both, and give us the option of using the Wii's flipped world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well I guess you're in the minority but the Wii version was the defective one that came out just to help move systems as the key franchise release title.  The control was flipped as you said, but it was also tacked on and didn't work as well as the classic GC style setup could either.  It's just not an incomplete game, they just took the true version of the title and upscaled it.  The problem is, it's not incomplete, they just didn't give a flip option which would have been a nice thing, perhaps even the right thing, to do because of the amount of Wii copies out there vs the GC version which came so late.  Given the space involved for the game even if you had to double down on various assets a HD version would fit nicely still into one of those little Switch cards.  Maybe they'll re-do the games again, both WW and TP, it would be nice to see given they budget priced it, and not the full blown expense New SMBU got which is the only reason I don't have it. :)

You can flip the world in Twilight Princess HD by selecting Hero Mode, which also ups the difficulty level. Was a nice touch to see the way the world was represented in the Wii version be an option on the Wii U HD remaster.

As a Wii U owner that was quite happy with the two Zelda remasters, I'm personally hoping to see Skyward Sword HD, A Link Between Worlds HD, and a double pack of HD ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask from the 3DS (With hopefully even further visual refinements to get them looking better on a tv). 

That said, I'd triple dip on Wind Waker if we got a HD remaster or the GameCube game emulated in HD, as long as it had the original lighting. I wasn't so crazy about the new bloom lighting on the Wii U remaster and much preferred the bright saturated colors of the GameCube original.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

I find it interesting that people want every single Zelda Game ever released to come out on Switch. Zelda 1, Zelda 2, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Hyrule Warriors, Breath of the Wild, Cadence of Hyrule, and the upcoming Breath of the Wild 2 is already an amazing collection of games. I'd love A Link Between Worlds HD, Skyward Sword HD, Twilight Princess HD, Wind Waker HD, Majora's Mask HD, Ocarina of Time HD, Minish Cap, and Four Swords to be released on Switch (and judging by other comments, many Switch owners agree with me), but I have to wonder, "how much Zelda is too much Zelda?"

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

...not the full blown expense New SMBU got which is the only reason I don't have it. :)

It goes on sale frequently enough. I know it was reduced to $40 at major retailers for Black Friday, and it got the same price cut earlier this year on March 10 (for "MAR10 Day"). IDK if that falls into 'budget' territory, but $40 is the same price as Rayman Legends, Crash N. Sane Trilogy, and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, so it's a normal price for a ported platformer.

• Like 1

Digitally right?  I just buy physical media if it's ever the option anywhere since the system isn't locked to a region.  I had that pos WiiU for a stretch and it was the only NewSMB game I found that wasn't lacking or had problems, liked and finished it.  I just don't see me dropping more than $20-30 range on the game second hand or otherwise after paying up once.  It's not the games fault, it's Nintendo not even giving a hairs worth of discount on a port.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:10 PM, Tanooki said:

Digitally right?  I just buy physical media if it's ever the option anywhere since the system isn't locked to a region.  I had that pos WiiU for a stretch and it was the only NewSMB game I found that wasn't lacking or had problems, liked and finished it.  I just don't see me dropping more than $20-30 range on the game second hand or otherwise after paying up once.  It's not the games fault, it's Nintendo not even giving a hairs worth of discount on a port.

I thought the sales were on physical copies, but I did some Google research and the sales were for the digital version only. That's disappointing. Also, Amazon and Ebay no longer sell used games because bootleg copies were being distributed that way (or rather, Nintendo is using bootleg copies as an excuse to end the resale market). Your only option is probably to check for cheap secondhand copies at GameStop or a local game store.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m bias as a Lefty myself also Shigeru Miyamoto, is also a lefty. And Link was supposed to honor that trait. But, honestly I believe the game should have the option to choose your handiness instead of assuming that just because Right handed is majority it’s proper for the player. Can’t be that hard to patch in a feature of choosing the hand.

Edited by jkadaver