IGNORED

Did you start out on a TI programmable calculator?

ClausB

1 hour ago, Schmitzi said:

I slightly remember that I had the Little Professor, maybe it was in the 70ies...

I was surprised that there is an actual model today, and just am wondering why they don´t call it  S(CH)OLAR  ? ?

I think I´ll order one ?

TI-LittleProfessor-Calculator -Solar.JPG

Did those use the TMS1000?

I know my niece had a, well, talking rocking horse. Not talk like speech, but horse sounds that were recorded. 

I know because the thing broke and they had asked me to look at it because they wanted to sell it at a garage sale, I found the vregulator was shot, I changed it and it all worked again. They got $50 for it..lol

• Like 2

I started with a TI-58C.  I remember really wanting a 59 but I couldn't afford it at the time.  I used the 58C until several of the buttons stopped working then went over to an HP15C which I still have today along with a 12C and 16C.  Their buttons all still work ?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, FALCOR4 said:

I started with a TI-58C.  I remember really wanting a 59 but I couldn't afford it at the time.  I used the 58C until several of the buttons stopped working then went over to an HP15C which I still have today along with a 12C and 16C.  Their buttons all still work ?

I had an Atari first and appropriated my dad's HP-15C during senior high school. Having a programmable calculator with a root solver at a time when teachers had no inkling of its capabilities was great. And no one ever wanted to borrow it a second time after saying "825 x 1455......now where's the = key?" I never programmed an ISG/DSG loop, however and found the programming rather arcane compared to the Atari. 

• Like 1