Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolRetroGamer

MY Youtube and various video's (aka MaximumRD)

Jabbering on about first snowfall, decorations, secure PC disposal. 😛😉

Just off the top of my head, unplanned, decided to take video while I do my rounds out in the first real snowfall here this winter.

Somehow I get onto the topic of PC security and secure disposal of computers.

NOTE: a resident approaches near the end hence my change in attitude.

• Like 1

😮😎Recently I had the luck of winning a very special prize from YouTuber Blaine Locklair ! 
Check out Blaine's Channel for the best in Restoration, Repairs and Mods HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc16nxCRvhba37wzU2eVS2Q
!!!! WARNING !!!! Expect my usual babbling and going off in tangents during my video, I do eventually get around to the "unveiling" but if you want

to get right to that skip to around the 6 min  40 sec mark. I was so excited, happy and grateful when Blaine messaged to inform me of winning this

prize which is not only an amazing addition to my gaming collection but actually something that I have never played let alone owned.

• Like 4

Check out what I got from Jake aka MN12BIRD 

😮😎🍻

Posted 3 minutes ago

Check out what I got from Jake aka MN12BIRD

😮😎🍻

Jake sent me something we had discussed but also to my delight some awesome surprises as well ! Check out his great retro and tech channel HERE: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/MN12BIRD

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Eh, I will make this post as an excuse for a BUMP since that is something I typically never do I figure why not ? 😛 I know I never get much response to my video posts on here and yet, I just keep doing it because I visit this site multiple times daily for years and so screw it 😆😎 Anyways, in regards to my last couple videos above about winning a modded PS3, my first ever PS3 AND the recent package I received from Jake / MN12BIRD which included TWO awesome PS3 titles, here is an little update after finally getting some fun time with the console as well as having some success playing with the features.....

Installed and updated LAST OF US and Max Payne 3 onto my modded PS3 Hard drive (Thanks JAKE !) and after watching a tutorial video on Youtube I transferred the game Silent Hill Homecoming (I had previously been playing it in an PS3 emulator) from USB stick to the PS3 HDD, everything running and working great! That will keep me going for sometime! After just starting the first level of Max Payne 3 it is clear I am going to have to get use to the controls, my reflexes are not what they use to be! So it seems a modded PS3 is indeed and wonderful thing to have.

HERE is a quick picture I took transferring a original retail game to the internal PS3 Hard drive, took like 45 min but I guess copying 40 gb from a BluRay is going to be like that. Well worth the end result though as the game installed and I was even able to update it once it was on the internal drive. 

87721006_10158383030588109_1206250648937431040_o.thumb.jpg.3c50338cb159823da1737f19de83178a.jpg

QUICK RUN THROUGH SKOGIE'S CAR WASH 😛

Off topic / Slice of life video. Just a silly little minute of recording during our car wash for no particular reason.

This big orange shopping bag was sitting in the Electronics Recycling Bin. I brought it upstairs and it sat in our laundry room for the night. I am going to open it and shuffle through the contents. If you've nothing better to do join me wont you?

• Haha 1

You create some very random content! Make it a lot of fun to watch, since you never know what you're in store for! Keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StuOhQ said:

You create some very random content! Make it a lot of fun to watch, since you never know what you're in store for! Keep up the good work :)

Well thanks so much, I appreciate that! And YES it is all pretty random, I don't monetize and I am just a small channel but I like sharing little bits of my life, most are just random or things of convenience. Thanks for the comment and take care. 😎🍻🥂

Blast from the past! WOW! 😀😎One thing leads to another and I came across THIS fun old video where I responded to some video game related questions. I am always amused particularly because I just don't remember videos I did like this 10 years ago, mostly because I just answer off the top of my head, fun to see my answers and what I was into at the time, who I was responding to and connected with etc. Just sharing some fun little stories but interesting if anyone wants to answer the same questions today. 

What is the strangest place you have played a video game?🍻
What is the longest you've attempted to repair a computer/console non-stop?
Have you ever had nightmares about games?
Have you ever played a game that was too scary to play?

• Like 1

😎😜My early experience with a classic computer, silly story, what's yours?

First I start off with my usual rambling, plus a shoutout to jugghead82, then a silly story of mischievous youths interaction with a very classic computer. PLEASE leave a comment or quick response video relating your own interaction or experience with a classic computer or computing platform check out his channel HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jugghead82
Check out his Rock impersonation and tasting / review of Dwayne the Rock Johnson's TEQUELA (no not VODKA like I said in the video 😜)
HERE: https://youtu.be/EZW1lqVMkRk

Driving through our first major snowfall in Kelowna, B.C. 2020

NOTE: I do NOT typically wear a mask in our car, and we wear masks only wear requested / required such as medical appointments or where masses of people gather etc. I wore it in car this time as we were on our way to an eye exam but also to show the viewers the mask my wife made from an old Slimware utilities T-shirt that never fit me. 😆😎

Just sharing for fun. Woke up to a major snowfall last week, it was very unseasonal for us this time of the year, a week later it's all but gone so it was either a freak thing OR who knows? Might be the way the weather is heading with changing climates. Please know that though I DO live in Canada unlike what many Americans and those outside Canada may think, my particular city located in the Okanagan is unlike surrounding B.C. cities like the very cold Winnipeg (often referred loving as WINTERPEG with good reason!) so this early huge snowfall came as we also experienced record low temps. 

What is the weather like in Okanagan?
Average high temperature (summer): 28 C/84 F. Average low temperature (winter): -8 C/16 F. Average Hours of Sunshine: over 2000 per year. Average Rainfall: Approximately 300 mm/11in yearly.

My unboxing of an classic Atari computer! Originally uploaded to VIMEO in 2012 I realized in 2017 I never uploaded it to my Youtube channel and corrected this asap. ANYWAY, it was a fun unboxing of a great machine I received from Bryan on Atariage and I still have!  😎

😜 To skip my rambling fast forward to around the 6min 40 sec mark just before my first chip for hilarious results 😎
MY usual rambling and build up but feel free to go right to the 6 min 35 sec mark just before my first chip to see the real honest result. HINT worse reaction then I thought, no editing, what you see is what you get for better or worse....THANKS ATARICREEP FOR SUGGESTING THIS CRAZY VIDEO !
Link to The Atari Creep https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRULdTREt024w7_v1G8RvpQ

Posted (edited)

😏Flashback Video on the Texas Instruments Ti99/4a. Made this one back in 2011 and pretty much it's all been sitting in storage since so no need for a new video as it's pretty much just as relevant today I guess. 🤷‍♂️