IGNORED

The Atari 2600 Encyclopedia Volumes 1-6 Are Now Available!

TheVgaTv

49 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

Even though I own the original Volume 1, I'll check out the revised free download.  If I like the new format, I might go after all six volumes in print format.  In the meantime, I hope start up your YouTube Atari series soon...

Thanks I appreciate it.  I'm really looking into doing more videos next year.  I have a new capture device coming today as a matter of fact to see what I can start doing.  Probably won't have anything for a few months though as I'd need to build up a backlog.  But glad to know there is still interest!

Bought the set of Kindle books. Haven't learned anything I didn't know already. I did laugh that the company that made the game Scuba Diver stole a portion of Seaquest's box art for it's label. I'm looking at the label going 'Isn't that Seaquest? There's the trademark rainbow (albeit shades of green)... -turns to Seaquest- Yup!' :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

Bought the set of Kindle books. Haven't learned anything I didn't know already. I did laugh that the company that made the game Scuba Diver stole a portion of Seaquest's box art for it's label. I'm looking at the label going 'Isn't that Seaquest? There's the trademark rainbow (albeit shades of green)... -turns to Seaquest- Yup!' :D

I really appreciate you picking up the series on Kindle.  Even if you haven't learned anything new I hope you are enjoying it!

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2020 at 8:06 PM, Special Teams said:

Sweet, just picked up Vol 3.  Love the SMS encyclopedia as well.  Are you working on any other console books?

Awesome, thank you very much!  And yeah I'm working on a 32x Encyclopedia project.  Just needed to do something smaller before tackling another massive project.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, Special Teams said:

Did the prices for paperback go up from $35 to $45?

I just looked at the pricing and they're all over the place on Amazon, so not sure what's going on.  The hardcover for Volume 5 is now cheaper than the paperback.

On 5/11/2020 at 6:36 AM, TheVgaTv said:

I just looked at the pricing and they're all over the place on Amazon, so not sure what's going on.  The hardcover for Volume 5 is now cheaper than the paperback.

Looks like the paperback versions are now priced at $45 on your site as well (up from $35).

1317860250_vgabook.thumb.JPG.f5b22a10949b6023655f158f92640077.JPG

If that's the new price, it is what it is.  Was just double checking before I placed an order.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, Special Teams said:

Looks like the paperback versions are now priced at $45 on your site as well (up from $35).

1317860250_vgabook.thumb.JPG.f5b22a10949b6023655f158f92640077.JPG

If that's the new price, it is what it is.  Was just double checking before I placed an order.

So I looked into it and yes the pricing has gone up by $10 on both volumes.  Although I would check this link on Amazon because the pricing is still lower on there.

www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B082PJJ9DJ

Sorry for the confusion on this.  Dealing with the printers some times is migraine inducing...

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 5:14 PM, Special Teams said:

Thanks again for putting these together @TheVgaTv.  I'm enjoying the entire set - they really are a lot of fun.

1988151881_2600Encyclopedia.thumb.jpg.2e45e6b4baaf7e98060ce45249b6158e.jpg

Would love to see your take on Intellivision and ColecoVision.  I think there are roughly 125-130 games for each system.

Dana

Thank you so much for picking those up!  Glad you are enjoying them!  I would like to do both of those in the future as I never had either of those systems growing up, so it would be fun to go through the game catalog.  With the way the lockdowns are going due to COVID it looks like I'll have the time this winter, haha!

2 hours ago, Spector said:

Those books look comprehensive, and I take it they are in colour. But what does a British person do? If I were to buy them I would get all six in one go but the postage would be a zillion dollars? Damn!

Not sure why the series isn't populating on the UK Amazon, but the books are available from Amazon UK.  Here is the link to the first one.  If you click on my name the rest should pop up (they are filtered in amongst my zombie series)  Hope you check it out!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atari-2600-Encyclopedia-1/dp/1945294302