pedgarcia

Going into Action! - A noob perspective

On 10/18/2020 at 7:06 AM, funkheld said:

hmmmm .... it's not that easy with the program for atarixl: 8bit-unity

greeting

True! Actually @funkheld mentioned that...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, zbyti said:

@pedgarcia hey! What's up in the Action! world? ;) 

Hey @zbyti, I've been busy with some other stuff (TRS-80 little game), but i have already an article 90% ready, and I am starting to think the next steps. Hopefully in a few days, I can post it!

Thanks for the "incentive" btw :) That helps me keep on track!

Cheers

• Like 1

Nice article. But if you mentioned includes as libraries you must say something about MODULE, this KEY WORD allow declare global variables in the middle of the code ;) 

5 minutes ago, zbyti said:

Nice article. But if you mentioned includes as libraries you must say something about MODULE, this KEY WORD allow declare global variables in the middle of the code ;) 

Oh, yeah. I missed that! Good call. I will update it as soon as possible. Thanks!

Hey @zbyti

I was thinking about the MODULE keyword and trying to find a good example of when use it. I can see its use is more for something like this:

PROC FUNC1()
RETURN

MODULE

CARD THIS_IS_GLOBAL=[10]

FUNC MAIN()
RETURN

But can you think in a good example to use it when using includes? Only doing the above seems not enough to justify its use, don't you agree?

Thanks

1 hour ago, zbyti said:

If you write your library good practices is starts and ends file with MODULE to be sure your variables compiles.

https://github.com/zbyti/a8-action-playground/blob/master/src/LIGHTSPE/SRC/STDIO.ACT

Ah, perfect! Now I get it - I wanted to come up with a problem if we don't do what you just said. Perfect! THanks!

• Like 1

The MODULE keyword is used to indicate that everything declared after this keyword and the next PROC/FUNC will be considered a global variable. 

The MODULE keyword is used to indicate that everything declared after this keyword UNTIL the next PROC/FUNC will be considered a global variable. 

Edited by zbyti
correction to the article

8 minutes ago, zbyti said:

The MODULE keyword is used to indicate that everything declared after this keyword UNTIL the next PROC/FUNC will be considered a global variable. 

True, bad English made it confusing. Fixing... :)

• Haha 1