IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew released in 2019 (Complete List)

ZeroPage Homebrew

On 12/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

The one I played on the show was updated on Feb 18, 2019  with many changes. I've added it to the WIP list at the top, thanks for the reminder Thomas!

FYI, I have just uploaded updated ROMs (NTSC and PAL60) for Avalanche in this post.  This is the first publicly available update to Avalanche in more than 12 years! ? :D 

A huge thanks to Thomas for all his work helping squeeze in as many features as we could while keeping it 4K.  Thanks TJ! :thumbsup: 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, johnnywc said:

FYI, I have just uploaded updated ROMs (NTSC and PAL60) for Avalanche in this post.  This is the first publicly available update to Avalanche in more than 12 years! ? :D 

A huge thanks to Thomas for all his work helping squeeze in as many features as we could while keeping it 4K.  Thanks TJ! :thumbsup: 

Awesome John (and Thomas)!! I've updated the list to include Avalanche to be eligible in the WIP category for the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Finished and Released 2600 Homebrew in 2019 (Binary or Physical Cart):

• Breakout 2000 by "Mr SQL"

BREAKOUT 2000 should be in the WIP category, BREAKOUT 2002 R3 is the finished and latest version available here:

You need to set it as a PAL60 ROM in Stella to get the right colors.

What show did you review SuperCharger Space Invaders for Girls in?

I wouldn't say DPC+ 32k equals a sure winner by any means, there is many great 4k games that can take the title. Infact anything batari Basic is automatically looked at in a different light anyway. Some will probably vote for games written in assembler over basic for that very fact, even if of the same quality. Not to mention the many extra restrictions batari has over assembler.

4 hours ago, Karl G said:

"Cannons" is not intended to be a full game, nor something that will be finished later. It is just that to be a minimalist demo to show how a particular mini kernel is used. I would personally say that it doesn't belong on either list.

No problem, thanks for the heads up Karl! I've crossed it off the list.

4 hours ago, vhzc said:

Nice to see some of my games listed.

A little correction: I ran is listed as completed, but it is a WIP.

Of course VHZC, your games are great! Good luck in the nominations!

No problem on the 'I Ran', I'll update the list and put it under WIP. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Curious about the download site to review these games for reviewing.

Thanks, your pal, Doctor Clu

The (private) download site currently is for the nomination committee only. Then after the committee nominates 10 titles per category (Jan 1-10), on the 18th a public download site will be available for the voters to use.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, scrummy said:

Brilliant work James.  This is very complex and amazing how many games we are talking about.  The future of gaming is here.

Thanks @scrummy! The developers are the brilliant ones and I just want to acknowledge their incredible work with the awards show, there's some amazing entries this year!

• Like 2

Hello, I haven't been on the forums for a while so I just saw this, to clarify :

CRT The Chromatic was the only actual Atari 2600 game I finished in 2019 and seems to be missing from the list.

Stake Toss and Pixel Ninja Pit Jumper are not active WIPs, I was just getting myself familiar with the software

Not a big deal but I'm not using RTs suggested code for FP numbers in the Atax-Atax WIP so it remains a solo project, However I did use code provided by Karl G in CRT so credit is due to him ?

• Confused 1