IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew released in 2019 (Complete List)

ZeroPage Homebrew

10 minutes ago, Sknarp said:

Hello, I haven't been on the forums for a while so I just saw this, to clarify :

CRT The Chromatic was the only actual Atari 2600 game I finished in 2019 and seems to be missing from the list.

Stake Toss and Pixel Ninja Pit Jumper are not active WIPs, I was just getting myself familiar with the software

Not a big deal but I'm not using RTs suggested code for FP numbers in the Atax-Atax WIP so it remains a solo project, However I did use code provided by Karl G in CRT so credit is due to him ?

I was just looking at that today and wondering why my username was on it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Random Terrain said:

Yeah I assume it was the FP code, not that mind really- I find the website you maintain absolutely invaluable for working in Bb so in a way you kind of are co-creator of a good chunk of the games made here ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Chess missed the list for 2019 WIP?

9 hours ago, Sknarp said:

CRT The Chromatic was the only actual Atari 2600 game I finished in 2019 and seems to be missing from the list.

The call for any missing games from the list was put out on Dec 2, 2019 and last night at midnight PST the process for nominations was closed, so unfortunately it's too late for any additional entries that were missed. I tried to do a search for both 'Chess' and 'CRT The Chromatic' on both Google and AtariAge's search engine but I was not able to find anything.

If you are able to supply links to information about both of the games I'm sure that @Arenafoot would love to add them to his massive list of homebrews!

- James

• Thanks 1

Not a big deal but I'm not using RTs suggested code for FP numbers in the Atax-Atax WIP so it remains a solo project, However I did use code provided by Karl G in CRT so credit is due to him ?

Excellent, thanks for the correction, I've updated the list!

12 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Chess missed the list for 2019 WIP?

Hello, I haven't been on the forums for a while so I just saw this, to clarify :

Stake Toss and Pixel Ninja Pit Jumper are not active WIPs, I was just getting myself familiar with the software

9 hours ago, Random Terrain said:

33 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

The call for any missing games from the list was put out on Dec 2, 2019 and last night at midnight PST the process for nominations was closed, so unfortunately it's too late for any additional entries that were missed. I tried to do a search for both 'Chess' and 'CRT The Chromatic' on both Google and AtariAge's search engine but I was not able to find anything.

If you are able to supply links to information about both of the games I'm sure that @Arenafoot would love to add them to his massive list of homebrews!

- James

I found Chess:  https://atariage.com/forums/topic/299157-new-chess-display/?do=findComment&comment=4429883

and added to my "List"! Thanks! (no ROM released in 2019 though Andrew?)

I can't find CRT The Chromatic....... do you have a link to that thread Sknarp? nevermind found it using a different method:

http://games.nichesite.org/CRT.html

adding to my List! Thanks!

Edited by Arenafoot
found CRT link

5 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

The first "Chess" post was December 3rd :) so missed that by one day, and it seems also missed the close-off (last night) by one day.

As to "a released binary" I believe I read the list was for binaries OR videos released in 2019.
In any case, I have no issues - I was just wondering if/why it was missed. Now I know.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

• SuperCharger SpaceInvaders Girls by "Mr SQL" (Not Eligible: Not substantively different from original)

That was the WIP, the finished version released in 2019 has all of the audio trax - watch the playthrough video above and see! 

If you review this one, you should ask one of the Champions of Pong to guest star on the show who can reach the abstract cut-scenes and play through them to the ending scene.

Note: This is a modern themed port so it's got trippy visuals and the epic audio Stardust describes above,  this is not meant to be an exact port of Space Invaders. 

In my next comment on the linked thread, I talk more about the potential of modern themed ports - technologies like the ARM and even the SuperCharger and CBS RAM+ making it possible to create these modern themed ports for the Atari VCS as well as making more exact Arcade ports.  

21 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

The first "Chess" post was December 3rd :) so missed that by one day, and it seems also missed the close-off (last night) by one day.

As to "a released binary" I believe I read the list was for binaries OR videos released in 2019.
In any case, I have no issues - I was just wondering if/why it was missed. Now I know.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:03 AM, Sknarp said:

Yeah I assume it was the FP code, not that mind really- I find the website you maintain absolutely invaluable for working in Bb so in a way you kind of are co-creator of a good chunk of the games made here ?

I've made a note in the listings that Chess will be added to next year's eligibility list along with CRT The Chromatic as they were both missed.

• Like 1

The nomination process has finished for the

2nd Annual Atari Homebrew Awards!

We will be announcing the finalists in each of the categories LIVE THIS FRIDAY on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch stream at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Then, the top games of the year for Atari 2600, Atari 8bit/5200 and Atari 7800 will be voted on by YOU starting this Saturday January 18th!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories:

• Best Atari 2600 Homebrew
  • Best Atari 7800 Homebrew (New!)
  • Best Atari 8-Bit/5200 Homebrew (New!)
  • Best ≤ 4K Homebrew (2600) (New!)
  • Best Graphics (2600)
  • Best Music + Sound (2600)
  • Best Packaging (2600)
  • Best WIP (2600)
  • Atari Lifetime Achievement Award (2600) (New!)

This year is extremely exciting as we expanded beyond the Atari 2600 homebrew into the realm of Atari 7800 and Atari 8bit/5200 to cover even more of the incredible talent putting together these amazing games for our favourite consoles! I want to thank AtariAge, Project Argon and The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion for their help in making this year's Atari Homebrew Awards happen!

Looking forward to the awards show on Feb 1, 2020!!

- James

911089929_2019AtariHomebrewAwards-SquareAd-Medium.thumb.jpg.50aaa883c0ae08d678c80caf904346ae.jpg

• Like 4

VOTING HAS STARTED!!

The voting is now underway for the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards! Thank you for your patience while the technical issues were being worked on and huge thank you to @Albert for getting it all sorted out!! Make sure you vote in all the categories for your favourite games of 2019 in the links below!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

• Like 1

ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS

ARE TOMORROW!!

The 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards, celebrating the best in Atari homebrew will stream LIVE TOMORROW on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch stream starting at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT) ! Find out results that YOU VOTED on for your favourite Atari 2600, 8-Bit/5200 and 7800 homebrew games with live video/audio acceptance speeches from the winners!

SATURDAY FEB 1, 2020

12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT

STREAMING: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

726869359_20200131-2019AtariHomebrewAwardsTomorrow.thumb.jpg.981bd6671e598c630f6e08438a8d4e3a.jpg

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

2019 ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS RESULTS

Thank you everyone for an amazing event today. Congratulations to all the nominees and the winners!

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew ≤4K
1) Amoeba Jump by Dion Olsthoorn "Dionoid"
2) Space Game 2KB by Karl Garrison "Karl G"
3) Caverns by Harold Thijssen

Atari 7800: Best Homebrew
1) Rikki & Vikki by PenguiNet "TailChao"
2) Baby Pac-Man by Bob DeCrecenzo "PacManPlus"
3) Draker Quest II by Clark Otto "frankodragon"

Atari 2600: Best Packaging
1) Rally Racer by More Work Games
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)

Atari 2600: Best WIP
1) Zoo Keeper by Champ Games
2) Ninjish Guy in Low Res World by Vladimir Zuñiga (aka John Von Neumann) "vhzc"
3) Penult by Karl Garrison "Karl G"

Atari 8-Bit/5200: Best Homebrew
1) Gravity Worms - Krzysztof "xxl" Dudek, Jakub "Aceman" Szeląg, Kamil "Vidol" Walaszek
2) Jet Set Willy 2019 - Terence "Tezz" Derby (original game by Matthew Smith)
2) Wasteland - Michael Jaskula

Atari 2600: Best Music & Sound
1) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (sound by Mike Haas with Ross Keenum)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (sound and music by Ross Keenum)
3) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)

Atari 2600: Best Graphics
1) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)

Atari 2600: Lifetime Achievement Award
Albert Yarusso

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew
1) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games
2) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2