IGNORED

Having Problems With My VIC-20

bluejay

I purchased my VIC-20 a few months ago, and I became attached to my first retro computer. But almost as soon as I started to play around with it, the fuse blew. I could replaced it quickly because I had a couple of random spares that, luckily, worked. A few minutes ago, the fuse blew again, and now, I'm out of spares. Is this my outlet's or the VIC's fault?

Also, more than half the time, when I try to load from cassette, the program loads fine, but during the process, the screen starts to show crazy, and rolling horizontal rainbows move across the screen. It's somewhat entertaining to watch as the loading process is slow and boring, but it's still something out of ordinary that needs to be fixed. A couple months ago, I played with the pot inside the rf shield and it fixed the problem. Do I have to do this every time the rainbow appears again?

Thanks.

Well, the first problem is not normal.  You should have it checked out by someone like Ray Carlsen.  As for the second problem, are you using RF with your VIC?  I went to composite (or the s-video mod) some time ago.

If you are in the L.A. area on Saturday, visit our tables at the Downtown Los Angeles Maker Faire.  We'll have a VIC-20 up and running there.

Truly,

Robert Bernardo

Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm

Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

• Like 1