IGNORED

ATR Disk Image Dumping Tool - ATR1PRNT

baktra

Originally for internal use, I have created a command-line tool that dumps ATR disk images and also dumps and checks the file system inside.

It is heavily inspired by the look and feel of the DSN1PRNT utility for the Db2 database from IBM and provides similar output.

The tool is available at: https://github.com/baktragh/atr1prnt

The supported file systems are: Atari DOS 2 (all densities), and DOS II+ (from S. Dorndorf). Other file systems (MyDOS, SpartaDOS) might come later.

The tool requires Java 8 or newer to run.

The atr1prnt.jar with executable code is located in the dist/ directory of the repository. That's all you need to download.

Why I wrote the tool? Few reasons...

I wanted to learn everything about the DOS 2 and DOS II+ file systems. I needed a tool that tells me if an .ATR file is OK. I need textual output for "forensic" analysis using tools that compare plain text (e.g. diff).

I need to see the inside of a file system in a compact form.

A sample output is attached.

DUMP.TXT

• Like 12

The latest commit to the master branch brings few enhancements and fixes

Limited support for wildcarding.

This way, one can dump multiple files in one directory. Consult the readme.md to see how to use it and engage common sense. The options (including file system choice) are shared for all wildcarded disk images. 

Dump header

The dump begins with dump header. The header displays the disk image name and options specified

Directory listing (DOS2, DOSIIP)

The directory listing didn't display all human readable characters for inverse-video file names.

Summary reports

Summary reports are displayed at the very end of the output and not after each ATR disk image processed. This is useful when wildcarding.

Boot sectors of 256 bytes

You can specify the BOOT256 option to assume that the first three sectors are stored as half full 256-byte sectors. Use for disk images with this "anomaly"

Architecture

Internally, the command-line "front-end" was separated from the dumping "back-end". Not that I intend to create a GUI or something similar.

• Like 3