IGNORED

Sega age .com what happen to it ?

Sean39

To who this may concern

I wrote several threads for Sega age . com.

I also was the one who wrote the page explaining the the serial numbers explaining how to

use them to date your system age. Also had placed one of the largest list showing systems people

had reported to me. This list showed the current serial number found around the world and in the USA.

Anyways it looks like all my work since the year 2013 has now disapeared with out a trace.

Please does anyone know what has happen to that site ?

Thanks

Sean

Same thing that happened to NintendoAge.com.  The sites were sold to GoCollect.com earlier in the year, and very recently they took the existing sites offline and redirected the domains to GoCollect's site.  Pretty much everything is gone except for the forums.  I see they archived the NintendoAge forums, but looks like they didn't do that with the SegaAge forums.  The new forums aren't really getting any traction as far as I can tell.  Here's an announcement about the transition:

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/189140/announcing-exciting-changes-for-nintendoage

..Al

• Like 1

Just before the NintendoAge site was completely transformed (i.e. cannibalized) a breakaway group of NA members started the Video Game Sage forum and a lot of people migrated over there.

Previously discussed here...

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/297911-if-you-once-were-a-member-of-nintendoage-visit-now-to-be-shocked/

Thank you for letting me know that.    I had a chart with everyone serial number who wanted their system dated, and all the instructions on how to date the Sega Genesis. I started it in 2013 and kept it updated. Anyways All the information passed down to me by my father who was born back in the 1920s along with Ralph Baer who was a friend of my dad. Anyways it looks like all the work I put into place to help everyone is now a lost.

I sure did not do it for myself since I have the information in my hands still how to understand Sega Genesis serial number which are coded with information. I at least still see on ebay how people have used my information about the NON TMSS security is being used and now most sellers show the serial numbers. It will not do any good if people buying them cannot find the link to understand the serial numbers. Well I gave alot more than serial number information but just about everything my dad knew about Sega Corp. I really hope they will post it up since it a large lost.

I started it in 2013 and now going on 2020. 7 years worth of work down the drain.

Thanks

Sean

Hi Everyone

I was able to get a hold of the new owner of the site. Anyways the appearance is way different from what

I had done but the information still stands there but to never to be updated again.

Well they gave me where they stored it . If anyone wants this information for For your Sega Genesis

records Please copy it.

Pass this address on to anyone who may still be looking for it. It 7 years worth of work and the owner of Sega age.com

and Nintendo age.com wanted me to start this in 2013. Now here a short time to still get this information before it all gone.

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/98190/finding-the-oldest-sega-genesis

Thanks

Sean

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean39 said:

I started it in 2013 and now going on 2020. 7 years worth of work down the drain.

Nothing on the internet can be guaranteed to last forever.  Websites do go away, sometimes unexpectedly.  It's unfortunate but it's the nature of the beast.  At least this time the data is still there in some form.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Sean39 said:

To who this may concern

I wrote several threads for Sega age . com.

I also was the one who wrote the page explaining the the serial numbers explaining how to

use them to date your system age. Also had placed one of the largest list showing systems people

had reported to me. This list showed the current serial number found around the world and in the USA.

Anyways it looks like all my work since the year 2013 has now disapeared with out a trace.

Please does anyone know what has happen to that site ?

Thanks

Sean

Maybe the info could be made a sticky here in the Genesis subforum. I have serial # 39U033334 Non-TMSS HDG VA2 that I am going to recap with a console5 cap kit.

6 hours ago, Kobra Kai said:

I never even heard of Sega Age. I did visit Nintendo Age a couple of times before it was ruined, but wasn't impressed. Did those two sites name themselves based off the success of the Atari Age website? 

They also had Playstation Age!  Had very little to do with AA's setup.  It was heavy on collecting, grading, trading, etc.  However, it was a meeting ground for homebrew and prototype finds, and the original owners often dumped and released rare unreleased games.