IGNORED

Minty boxed 2600jr

griz

On 12/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, griz said:

Thanks for your feedback guys.

This is a pristine unit. I was hoping someone from the AA community could give it a good home.

If one of you split the difference and offered $80 USD + shipping ... I'd pop it in the mail tomorrow.

Nope. It's just not worth that.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2019 at 12:43 AM, Shawn said:

Nope. It's just not worth that.

Thanks for your opinion.

Best Electronics currently sells refurbished ones for $99. I bought this new in the box from Best (for $175 I think it was?) years ago and have only used it for about an hour. There's lots of cheap used 2600 juniors out there. Good luck finding one in this condition.

Funny how adamchevy and wongojack liked your comment. ?

Thanks for your opinion.

Best Electronics currently sells refurbished ones for $99. I bought this new in the box from Best (for $175 I think it was?) years ago and have only used it for about an hour. There's lots of cheap used 2600 juniors out there. Good luck finding one in this condition.

Funny how adamchevy and wongojack liked your comment. [emoji57]

I think Mint in Box it is worth that to a collector. It would be worth that to me if I liked that form factor and design. I would snatch this up in a minute if this was my favorite design of the 2600, or if I had some spare cash I would keep it as a collectible. I’ve seen them go for over $100 complete in box on eBay.

Honestly I would take the $60 for it (maybe $60 plus shipping as shipping sucks nowadays). They really don't go for $100 complete in box on ebay unless it is coming with a lot of stuff...like this one did a few weeks ago:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Atari-2600-JR-Console-Lot-25-Games-2-Joysticks-Cables-and-Original-Boxes-/193235262885?hash=item2cfdb81da5%3Ag%3AwnwAAOSwhZhd4ozQ&nma=true&si=coT%2BV23WV6ytxBe97hsodhApy3Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Granted, not as "minty" but a whole lot more value for the dollar! If it were fully complete (with joystick) and never removed from the box at all that may be another story. 

As for Best carrying refurb units for $99, that is true. And they are still there because nobody is paying $99 for a refurb unit. $175 for a new unit years ago was also pretty darn insane in my book ;)

But yeah, perhaps $60 plus $15 shipping would be a fair price. Just my two cents.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

You are right, $175 a few years back was insane. I've spent a fair amount of my life without much sanity.

I appreciate the dialog guys, but this unit now sits with a bid on ebay currently at $76 and the auction ends tomorrow. So this item is no longer available.

On 12/24/2019 at 2:54 PM, adamchevy said:

I think Mint in Box it is worth that to a collector. It would be worth that to me if I liked that form factor and design. I would snatch this up in a minute if this was my favorite design of the 2600, or if I had some spare cash I would keep it as a collectible. I’ve seen them go for over $100 complete in box on eBay.

Yeah, to be honest I prefer the original VCS (4 or 6 switch) over this design. But to the right person this would be a sweet console.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, eightbit said:

Honestly I would take the $60 for it (maybe $60 plus shipping as shipping sucks nowadays). They really don't go for $100 complete in box on ebay unless it is coming with a lot of stuff...like this one did a few weeks ago:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Atari-2600-JR-Console-Lot-25-Games-2-Joysticks-Cables-and-Original-Boxes-/193235262885?hash=item2cfdb81da5%3Ag%3AwnwAAOSwhZhd4ozQ&nma=true&si=coT%2BV23WV6ytxBe97hsodhApy3Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Granted, not as "minty" but a whole lot more value for the dollar! If it were fully complete (with joystick) and never removed from the box at all that may be another story. 

As for Best carrying refurb units for $99, that is true. And they are still there because nobody is paying $99 for a refurb unit. $175 for a new unit years ago was also pretty darn insane in my book ;)

But yeah, perhaps $60 plus $15 shipping would be a fair price. Just my two cents.

Thanks eightbit. I was insane to pay $175 for it years ago. I thought there might be some more insane people out there. He he.

That said, this item is no longer available as there's now a bid ($76) for it on ebay and the auction ends tomorrow.

Thanks again for your feedback guys, I do appreciate it.

6 hours ago, griz said:

Thanks eightbit. I was insane to pay $175 for it years ago. I thought there might be some more insane people out there. He he.

That said, this item is no longer available as there's now a bid ($76) for it on ebay and the auction ends tomorrow.

Thanks again for your feedback guys, I do appreciate it.

FYI, $76 minus paypal and ebay fees and you will be lucky if you get the $60 you frowned upon previously in this thread.

On 12/28/2019 at 11:47 PM, Shawn said:

FYI, $76 minus paypal and ebay fees and you will be lucky if you get the $60 you frowned upon previously in this thread.

You mad bro? I didn't frown upon the price - I was thankful for the offers (see above). I was bartering in the free market. Did you involve yourself in this thread to fix prices? ?

I got an extra $10 to $11 after ebay fees. Not much, I admit, but every dollar counts these days. The buyer paid $123 in total for this unit shipped (he paid $47 for rush shipping) so must have thought it to be a worthwhile deal FOR HIM.

Whatever Paypal fees (or credit card fees) you refer to would exist outside of ebay.

1 hour ago, griz said:

Whatever Paypal fees (or credit card fees) you refer to would exist outside of ebay.

Paypal charges a fee based on the amount of money you received. Usually 3 percent of the amount you received from the buyer which is deducted before you get a single cent into your paypal account. Of course you also have to pay the final value and listing fees to ebay itself which is normally 10 to 15 percent on video game items. All of that comes out of the amount you will receive in the end. They actually take fees off the shipping now too so you actually ended up paying towards the buyer's high shipping cost unless you passed on that fee to the buyer in that $47 to send it. Long story short, all the value assessments in this thread from many respectable members on this forum where turned away cause you insisted it had more than double it's true market value. A price that was told to you over and over again. Then you go to ebay and end up with less that the assessed value our forum members presented. I find that amusing not maddening. 

41 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Paypal charges a fee based on the amount of money you received. Usually 3 percent of the amount you received from the buyer which is deducted before you get a single cent into your paypal account. Of course you also have to pay the final value and listing fees to ebay itself which is normally 10 to 15 percent on video game items. All of that comes out of the amount you will receive in the end. They actually take fees off the shipping now too so you actually ended up paying towards the buyer's high shipping cost unless you passed on that fee to the buyer in that $47 to send it. Long story short, all the value assessments in this thread from many respectable members on this forum where turned away cause you insisted it had more than double it's true market value. A price that was told to you over and over again. Then you go to ebay and end up with less that the assessed value our forum members presented. I find that amusing not maddening. 

You're not being honest.

If one of you split the difference and offered $80 USD + shipping ... I'd pop it in the mail tomorrow.

I asked $80 USD and there were no further counter offers. That's not twice the market value implied in this thread and you know it. I would have taken $70.

Paypal fees would still apply outside of ebay so that's a moot point regarding them. And the extra fee related to shipping that you refer to *was* passed onto the buyer.

You assume the buyer isn't from this community.

Find amusement in whatever way you want but I think you are just being sour.

22 minutes ago, griz said:

You're not being honest.

I asked $80 USD and there were no further counter offers. That's not twice the market value implied in this thread and you know it. I would have taken $70.

Paypal fees would still apply outside of ebay so that's a moot point regarding them. And the extra fee related to shipping that you refer to *was* passed onto the buyer.

You assume the buyer isn't from this community.

Find amusement in whatever way you want but I think you are just being sour.

You started at $140+ on ebay. That is more than double and bordering on triple. You come here and have it at $110+ which is still damn near double. Paying fees are what they are no matter where the sale happens and it takes away from your final take just the same as well. If it was someone here on AA they would have bought it directly for the lower price you just stated of $70+ but nobody did, so clearly, not an active member from AA cause in private deals with "friends" nobody pays a paypal fee (or it's nominal). I'm not sour at all. I have no reason to be. I do however think you are being ridiculous, super defensive towards the much lower value of this item you overpaid for previously and clearly put off that all of us here told you the price you tried to resell at was super inflated and un-achievable. All of which was clearly shown by your last go at it that finally got a single bid and not a drop more interest. Why you have such a serious case of lastworditis about it, I guess I can understand so I'm gonna assume you will post another reply but secretly I hope saying so will make you just go away.

Try again, read the thread. I was negotiating for much less than twice the "market" value.

I appreciate that the evidence is in the thread as anyone can check for themselves what the truth is. It protects me from people that use tactics like you are.

So you're roasting me for making an extra $10+ more than you thought I "should"? ?

Not sure I understand your "contribution".

10 minutes ago, griz said:

Try again, read the thread. I was negotiating for much less than twice the "market" value.

I appreciate that the evidence is in the thread as anyone can check for themselves what the truth is. It protects me from people that use tactics like you are.

So you're roasting me for making an extra $10+ more than you thought I "should"? ?

Not sure I understand your "contribution".

I have no clue what you are on about. Glad you got a sale. Happy New Year.

I just clicked on this thread, since I picked up a nice 2600JR, 4 joysticks, 2 power supplies, and a nice Game station for $10. I actually had to think it over for a day and only decided to buy it for the Game station, since I already have a mint 2600JR that I think I paid $30 or so for a couple of years ago. It came with a bunch of games and accessories. LOL