IGNORED

Building the Finalgrom99 and the 32K sidecar.

Mehridian Sanders

I probably should have checked to see if there was another "Help the noob build his stuff" topic on the forum but..

So I have almost all my parts together for the aforementioned addons. I have been practicing my surface mount soldering and a guy (also named Matt HAH!) Is going to be overseeing the process. The through hole is not my worry at the moment.

Quick Question: These ceramic 104's should be sufficient for the few called for on the 32k sidecar yes?

My hope is others that have not spoken or have yet to speak can use this resource in the future.3ac669eebb928cdfd5a63ff99363a906.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

Quick Question: These ceramic 104's should be sufficient for the few called for on the 32k sidecar yes?

Yes, these are 0.1uF, exactly what you should have in those 4 spots next to each chip's top right corner. Ceramic disc caps go in either way (unlike marked types which a definite + and -.)

• Like 1

I think you should check this again. The solder is almost touching another lane. atariage_icon_winking.gif

soldering.png.431c0fc1cf6178144b7f8f111dd42736.png

We have a TI professional here who has some good advice on soldering:

Thanks for that link I have read a good deal of it. Here's the solder point we were concerned with.9231c5b45e72a81f5369157056ffa834.jpg

Did anyone build their own FG99? From what I am reading it looks like I am gonna need to get one of these.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/46

In order to program the Atmega.

Are their other programmers I should be getting?

Kinda bummed, in that I was looking forward to playing some games this weekend. Lol

I have several Raspberry pi's and could utilize them for the programming. I am no stranger to GPIO's.

ok so I found the Repetto thread that showed me more about what I will need to do. I downloaded AVR, Python 3.8, and the XDT suite. Does anyone have the commands to compile for generic locations? or perhaps a batch I can run in the folder that would help me to compile this? I am better with hardware than software ? python is not something I have learned yet. Trying to set a batch file that I can post here to help out others who may want to make their own. TIA!

8 minutes ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

ok so I found the Repetto thread that showed me more about what I will need to do. I downloaded AVR, Python 3.8, and the XDT suite. Does anyone have the commands to compile for generic locations? or perhaps a batch I can run in the folder that would help me to compile this? I am better with hardware than software ? python is not something I have learned yet. Trying to set a batch file that I can post here to help out others who may want to make their own. TIA!

NM I just derped my facepalm....openedd make.py in notepad++ *facepalm*

changed the "make.py" code to include the xas99 file location

xas = ["xas99.py", "-b", "-R", "-I", "D:\TI Stuff\endlos99-xdt99-9ca7531"]
xga = ["xga99.py"]

Still getting the error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\TI Stuff\finalgrom99-master\ti\make.py", line 11, in <module>
    if call(xas + ["menu.a99"], shell=False):
  File "C:\Users\mehri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 340, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "C:\Users\mehri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "C:\Users\mehri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 1307, in _execute_child
    hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I am assuming I need to move a library file to the python folder  in appdata. Just not sure which yet. xga99?

Do I need to point the path to the XGA99 as well? with all the same suffix?

xga = ["xga99.py", "-b", "-R", "-I", "D:\TI Stuff\endlos99-xdt99-9ca7531"]

instead of 

xga = ["xga99.py"]

Edited by Mehridian Sanders
Clarity

Well Put all the .py files from the Finalgrom Master file into the TI folder and ran Make.py again

D:\TI Stuff\finalgrom99-master\ti>make.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\TI Stuff\finalgrom99-master\ti\make.py", line 11, in <module>
    if call(xas + ["menu.a99"], shell=False):
  File "C:\Users\mehri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 340, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "C:\Users\mehri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "C:\Users\mehri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 1307, in _execute_child
    hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

so if it is not a valid Win32 App... so confused. will keep reading on. 

Looks like I just get to learn python. I did some json programming 8ish years ago when I was stuck on starbound. Fun lil sidescroller. Written a couple of regkeys. Almost had a working code for the TI keyboard to USB conversion.

Most of what I like doing is hardware. As long as there is code like what I am trying to do for my own enjoyment, I can adapt it.

This has been a test for me. Pretty close to what is needed. Think 90% of the FG99 is done. Just the microcontroller programming is left.

What version of windows are you running?  The "not a valid win32 application" error is rather generic, but happens when either the executable code is completely borked, OR, when the api-level of the win32 subsystem is too old for the process needed.

If the toolchain as developed on a very recent version visual studio, this would explain everything; It wants windows 10.