IGNORED

Building the Finalgrom99 and the 32K sidecar.

Mehridian Sanders

That would be nice. It is already soldered down though :/ the github guide leads me to believe that the programming is done after it is soldered to the board.

Granted, the FAQ is good, and well laid out. I think I am gonna do a "The Modern TI-99/4a Mod Maker Dummies Guide". Laying out my mistakes and how they can be overcome.8ab97c8960ff3e1208f89e22194966f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep, you don't 'burn' these and then plug them in... the leads are like hairs compared to the PLCC stuff. 

They are ISP (In System Programmable)

Have you tried asking for the binaries - result of the build, that you are having trouble with?  I'm sure Ralph has it.  Or you could file issues, or PRs against the github repos, so the source material can be fixed for future people to not even need your proposed guide.  That would be ideal.  And is achievable.

-M@

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Yep, you don't 'burn' these and then plug them in... the leads are like hairs compared to the PLCC stuff. 

They are ISP (In System Programmable)

Have you tried asking for the binaries - result of the build, that you are having trouble with?  I'm sure Ralph has it.  Or you could file issues, or PRs against the github repos, so the source material can be fixed for future people to not even need your proposed guide.  That would be ideal.  And is achievable.

-M@

Somehow this simple solution eluded me. I was so focused on following the instructions, I failed to find an alternative solution that would have made things easier. Thanks @jedimatt42sorry you had to explain this. 

I have emailed the support email link requesting the end result files of the Python Build.

- "PACKAGE.HEX"

- "UPDATE.PLD"

Thank you all for your patience with me on this. 

On 12/31/2019 at 12:38 AM, wierd_w said:

Do you have an extended basic cart?  If so, boot it and run

size

to see if it reports 32k.

> Size
	13928  bytes of stack free
	24488  bytes of program space free

this is with the speech synth installed.

- power off TI

- remove SS from TI / seperate 32k from speech synth

- install 32k direct to TI

- Boot

- same result.

13 minutes ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

I'm assuming the barrel plug needs to be there. That would probably be the problem.

You have the jumper set to TI, so if you have the unit plugged directly into the TI, not through an unmodified speech synthesizer, it should be getting enough power... assuming you don't have a TIPI plugged into it as well.  So my guess, if it's not working, it's probably not the power.

• Like 1

XB doesn't use all of the 32k. The lower 8k is left available for assembly routines, or general tom-foolery. 

So 24k is good.

-M@
Chalk this up to "noob-know-nada". I haven't pranced frolicking through the house in a long while. Thanks all and@jedimatt42!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk