IGNORED

Battlesphere Gold Just Bought

JaggingUK

Well I have finally managed to get BSG and not one of these reproductions/pirates but the real thing in mint condition with the original outer plastic seal still intact except for the top of it where the contents were removed to play the game. Bizarrely I bought this from someone in the UK 60 miles away from my house who lives in the same county as me. I really did think that I would never be able to afford to add this game to my collection, but for £550 ($725) I was really pleased to get one in such great condition. The game had been bought by the seller years ago, and he nearly didn't buy it, but he went the extra price and bought it because the money was going to charity to help fight diabetes. It really was great to get one in the UK, and to not be paying tax/customs fees as I would if this had come from the USA so that was a massive bonus. I know it still seems a crazy price for a single game, but it was missing from my collection, and it is near Christmas after all so it's my Christmas present to myself. I've added some nice photos the seller took of the items. When I went to his house to collect this we had a great chat about video games, and how he was very reluctantly parting with his gaming collection (no more Jaguar games). It really was a strange feeling handing over so much money for a video game, and was something I never thought I would do, but I am delighted I now finally own this game... Would I say it was money well spent? Well actually I would... Some people may think a fool and his money are easily parted, but for me to finally own this game has made today a great day and means to me the money (in my head) was very well spent. For those of you who have been lucky enough to own this game from its first release you might find it hard to understand the price some of us are willing to pay to own BSG. I never imagined I would ever pay this kind of money for a video game, but I actually feel it was money really well spent... My Mrs on the other hand has been slightly less impressed with my purchase!

bsg6.jpg

bsg1.jpg

bsg2.jpg

bsg3.jpg

bsg4.jpg

bsg5.jpg

• Like 6

Nice! Congrats on the score and finding it so close. Well worth the money imo.

Some links:

Here's a thread from way back: tactics

Here are some cheats: BSG cheats (with extra info on page 4 of tactics)

Here's a pinout for the J.U.G.S. device that should work in your country if the included one doesn't: Matthias

Here's the JUGS Command Line Syntax (close to the bottom of the page, if interested in uploading demos this way)

And the pinout for included device (for the heck of it)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JaggingUK said:

When I went to his house to collect this we had a great chat about video games, and how he was very reluctantly parting with his gaming collection (no more Jaguar games).

More interested in this part! What was his reasoning for getting rid of his Jaguar collection?

I have *every* Jaguar game except an original GORF, and BSG. Everything else I bought new... but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for BSG so I bought the $35 dollar immaculate reproduction on Etsy. But I've thought about selling my entire collection from time to time... but then I play it and tell myself no. I keep buying all the new releases too...

Anyway, interested what the reasoning was.

17 hours ago, JaggingUK said:

Would I say it was money well spent? Well actually I would... Some people may think a fool and his money are easily parted, but for me to finally own this game has made today a great day and means to me the money (in my head) was very well spent. 

Congratulations on your find! As your kind and patient wife pointed out, this isn't the choice that everyone might have made, but it's cool that you're happy and the seller probably is as well. 

Are you going to play it?

15 hours ago, mart said:

Great purchase! Do u still have the repro BSG?

Mart

Hi, were you talking to me about the repro BSG? I have the repro. It's top quality, case, sticker, everything is absolutely perfect on it, and it plays spectacularly. I got it off Etsy about a year ago. I'm on a long-distance trip for work, and I won't be home for 2 months, so I can't take a picture and show it. But if I remember correctly, it was identical in every way except it literally said "Reproduction" or something to that effect, in very small letters on the face in the lower-right. But I don't have the box or manual or any of that. I have every other game except Gorf and now that I think about it... Lights Out or Black Light or whatever it was.

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

Hi, were you talking to me about the repro BSG? I have the repro. It's top quality, case, sticker, everything is absolutely perfect on it, and it plays spectacularly. I got it off Etsy about a year ago. I'm on a long-distance trip for work, and I won't be home for 2 months, so I can't take a picture and show it. But if I remember correctly, it was identical in every way except it literally said "Reproduction" or something to that effect, in very small letters on the face in the lower-right. But I don't have the box or manual or any of that. I have every other game except Gorf and now that I think about it... Lights Out or Black Light or whatever it was.

You want Black Out? I have it if you do

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

You want Black Out? I have it if you do

I might... how much do you think you want for it?

5 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Black Out doesn't contain a game, so still only 'orf to go.

Is it not really a game? I assumed it was something like Othello or whatever...

15 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Hi yes - re you looking to sell the repro version? If so Im very interested! Well done on your purchase!

In relation to why the guy was selling his games collection: The guy selling lived in Kendal which is an area that floods quite often, the only place he has in his house for his games was the cellar and it flooded last year, but he was home and got all the games and consoles out of the cellar before the water got in. It made him realise how much money he had in the cellar in games and how (had he not been home) he could have lost them all. That was why he was selling them, he did not have loads of Jaguar games, but had more Neo Geo titles - he didn't want to sell them, but due to how small his house was and the fact he really had no where else to store his games he reluctantly decided to sell up rather than risk losing them if the cellar flooded again this winter - where he lives really is a flood area. He also had three young children and that was a factor too... Was a big surprise to see someone so close to home with one on ebay, and that was as much the reason I decided to bid at the last minute, someone had popped a £500 bid on it really quickly, and in the end it went for £572 to me, but as no postage or paypal we agreed on a price drop to £550 for cash in hand and me to pick it up... It is a lot of money, but seems a bit cheaper than it has sold for in the past - maybe Saints SD card reader means more people have access to it now so the allure of it has diminished a little, or maybe it's the fact that the pirated ones are so readily available - just looked on ebay and some guy in France has sold about seven in the past three month (some boxed and some not) and they are from £20 to £35 depending if you want a box. I did notice years ago some of the rarer Snes and Megadrive titles became readily available from China off Etsy for £15 to £20 and people were worried that the originals would take a hit in value - however I think something like BSG gold has the advantage of a few extras in the box that makes it a little harder to fully replicate for the people who pirate games.

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I would very much find a review of it.  It's a random button masher with no logic.  Really nice presentation, but zero gameplay.

I'll agree on this. I've played it, it's kind of like lights out but there really is no order or reasoning when the lights switch around. So you will die a lot as there was almost no way to know which lights will go on or off when selecting. I definitely agree the presentation is super nice on it!