IGNORED

Beer Pong ( 2600 )

easmith

I have started conceptualizing Beer Pong.  This will be a simple 2 player ( hopefully 1 player also ) game , probably just 4K.

Each player will start with 6 cups .    Land a ball in your opponents cup to remove a cup .  The idea is for this to be interactive , so that when a player ( or team I suppose )  loses a cup they must take an actual  drink  in real life   ( unless you do not drink alcohol of course! ).      

First team/ player to lose all 6 cups loses .  

Also, shots  will become more erratic as you lose cups ( since you are "drinking" those cups ).

I am kind  of afraid of  someone abusing alcohol because of my game  and getting hurt ....... I have to wrestle with this  a bit .  Although the number of people who ever even play it will be very low .   

IMG_1929.thumb.jpg.e4415ef687132178e2bb1dd15190b586.jpg

Edited by easmith
  • Like 5

I was actually telling a friend recently that I thought a beer pong Atari game would be sweet. He laughed and said that it would be a safe bet that most of the people that would play it on the Atari last played real beer pong 20+ years ago. 

Personally I love the concept you have written out. If someone drinks too much it won't be because of this game. They were going to drink too much anyway. Put me down for a boxed copy if you get to that point. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.ec1c70d89b3d4e46861bbe1114d0d781.png

Finally had some time to work on this  (Finals week is over ) .  Have a working kernel.

This will be simple but hopefully a fun novelty.  

The ball will hit the table and bounce up ( into the sky area) and then back down.   Where it lands ( depth and lateral) depends on shot meter that is similar to  my golf/ bowling games.    Shots will become more erratic  / shot meter will move faster  as you lose cups .

• Like 1

Have a working prototype with basic gameplay.    2 player but both players controlled by P0 Joystick ( so you can play against yourself) . 

image.thumb.png.99381e967ab47806907f908a8484ae34.png

to shoot is similar to Pro Golf and Pro Bowling but a little different :  

1. start shot by pushing up.

2. push down when strengthmeter is at desired level.  The  inside red slot is the strength level for bottom row and the outside slot is for top row .

3. Press button when meter is back to zero.   Early or late will cause shot to be wide right ( early ) or wide left ( late) .

image.thumb.png.5fc8b4d1a681216ae398e26512850916.png

If a player's cup is hit then the player must press the button to drink the beverage before their next turn .

First player to lose all 5 cups loses.

Still to come :

sounds

title screen

progressively more difficult to aim  as number of cups decreases .

Play Responsibly   !!!!!

Edited by easmith
newer version posted
  • Like 5

On 12/16/2019 at 6:06 PM, neotokeo2001 said:

Just do like Tapper did, Root Beer Pong!!

Not a bad idea ....

But for now it is Beer Pong.

Updates:

-   P1 Joystick now controls Player two ( blue player).

- Title screen added

--  P0 / P1 difficulty B = no "impairment"

--- P0/P1 difficulty A = "impairment"

Play responsibly my friends  ....

to shoot is similar to Pro Golf and Pro Bowling but a little different :  

1. start shot by pushing up.

2. push down when strengthmeter is at desired level.  The  inside red slot is the strength level for bottom row and the outside slot is for top row .

3. Press button when meter is back to zero.   Early or late will cause shot to be wide right ( early ) or wide left ( late) .

If your cup is hit , press button to drink beverage .

First to lose all 5 cups loses game 

Edited by easmith
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 6:06 PM, neotokeo2001 said:

Just do like Tapper did, Root Beer Pong!!

B&W mode, the title screen shows Root Beer, and in Color it shows just "BEER" ......   

Perhaps the default should be root beer , not sure , so default could be root beer pong and if switch to b&W and then difficulty switches to A then it becomes beer pong 

image.thumb.png.cb19537ff4fb6b1477c8c90a976ca7eb.png

image.thumb.png.f51dd0e546a3235ef6b1a92120e5ce95.png

Edited by easmith
  • Like 2

So this version has Root Beer as the Default.

2 player only.

set TV type to B&W for title screen to read  "beer pong "

Difficulty A for either player = "impairment " .  Could be a result of caffeine jitters or inebriation  ?.

Unless anyone finds a bug I am pretty much calling this completed .    

enjoy ! 

Edited by easmith
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, easmith said:

So this version has Root Beer as the Default.

2 player only.

set TV type to B&W for title screen to read  "beer pong "

Difficulty A for either player = "impairment " .  Could be a result of caffeine jitters or inebriation  ?.

Unless anyone finds a bug I am pretty much calling this completed .

Another very cool game.  Two questions, (2nd one just aesthetic).

1). Can you make a portable compatible version?  Both players would also have to use joystick one, of course.

2). Could some alignment be tweaked so the end of the table lines up a bit better with the legs?  I understand as it currently is, the playfield will reflect at the edge of the screen as well, but I'm not sure if there is a way to make it look like the edit on the right without major changes or breaking something.

BeerPong_edit.png.34a622c665a270a0670416f34c867233.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

1). Can you make a portable compatible version?  Both players would also have to use joystick one, of course.

Yes will work on that soon

4 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

2). Could some alignment be tweaked so the end of the table lines up a bit better with the legs?  I understand as it currently is, the playfield will reflect at the edge of the screen as well, but I'm not sure if there is a way to make it look like the edit on the right without major changes or breaking something.

How's this?

image.thumb.png.00b97674c2aa0aae7c53fc784641d103.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be playing Beer Pong LIVE on TOMORROW's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Mr. Yo-Yo (2020 WIP) by DaveM
- Beer Pong (2019) by Edward Smith aka easmith
- George 2007 (2007 WIP) by Chris Read aka atari2600land
- George 2019 (2019 WIP) by Chris Read aka atari2600land
- 1 vs 1 Baseball (2020) by Edward Smith aka easmith

EDIT: YouTube Archive of Stream

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

On 1/10/2020 at 12:09 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We'll be playing Beer Pong LIVE on TOMORROW's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Mr. Yo-Yo (2020 WIP) by DaveM
- Beer Pong (2019) by Edward Smith aka easmith
- George 2007 (2007 WIP) by Chris Read aka atari2600land
- George 2019 (2019 WIP) by Chris Read aka atari2600land
- 1 vs 1 Baseball (2020) by Edward Smith aka easmith

2058972773_20200110-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.1f9a883a30d3db854e63e0c0e5a8f568.jpg

was able to watch the recording  this morning .   I have changed the impairment to be less severe / ramps up slower . Thanks for the feedback.  I suppose you should  take it off the 2019 finished list .

RootBeerPong1-11-20.bin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, easmith said:

was able to watch the recording  this morning .   I have changed the impairment to be less severe / ramps up slower . Thanks for the feedback.  I suppose you should  take it off the 2019 finished list .

RootBeerPong1-11-20.bin 8 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks so much for the update Edward, really fun game! We're looking forward to playing this again on our next ZeroPage Homebrew marathon night, with drinks this time!

It was declared finished in 2019 so no need to take it off the list. ? This would probably be considered a post-release patch to the game.

- James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I thought this was a cool game idea, i haven't played it yet.. but i did download it to play it another day when i have more time.. Anyways, good job!

I have some game ideas but i do not know how to code for atari. Maybe some day.. maybe not.. lol