IGNORED

Lot of games found today

Bluesdude1001

I am certainly no expert, but I would expect selling them in small lots of 5 or so on eBay (and offer combined shipping) would be the the most profitable way to sell them?

Boxed (and I presume with instructions) is I imagine more desirable for collectors.

Nothing is really jumping out at me as being exceptionally valuable, though the entire lot will I think bring you a tidy sum. A quick eBay search show that people are selling lots of boxed 2600 games for roughly 5-10$ per game (now, if people are buying at that I cannot say, but that seems to be the range they are being listed at).

I think the most valuable of the lot might be Space Dungeon, again a quick internet search shows that a complete boxed set goes for around 35$

Which brings me to another point, some of these are I am very sure are Atari 5200 games (Space Dungeon, Qix); there might be more then that, so you might have to check each box/cartridge to see the console it is for.

17 hours ago, reklen said:

Basic Math sells for 100.00 easy.

This is something I did not know and my first reaction was bull***t. Looked at eBay and wow you are right. 

I did a search and didn't come up with the answer but why would that sucky and not really rare game bring that kind of price? I understand the whole what a person is willing to pay but this seems a little crazy to me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, discotronic said:

This is something I did not know and my first reaction was bull***t. Looked at eBay and wow you are right. 

I did a search and didn't come up with the answer but why would that sucky and not really rare game bring that kind of price? I understand the whole what a person is willing to pay but this seems a little crazy to me.

This is downright shocking.

A loose cartridge, or cartridge and manual seems to sell for around 10$. Which is not surprising as it was not that rare or popular a cartridge. But as soon as you have a complete box set of 'Basic Math' it seems the value of it jumps to around 100$.

I guess that makes 'Basic Math' the most valuable piece of this collection? I am absolutely astounded this is actually true, but reviewing eBay sales history for complete set sales it seems to hold water.

There must be some very die-hard completionist collectors out there!

Huh? I don't see any Basic Math's selling for anywhere near $100. Performing a completed auction or sale listing on eBay, only see a $41 sale from a seller in Germany.

Sure, people are asking $75+ for a CIB example currently, but they_are_not selling. It's listings like those that people get to claim "that's what they go for on eBay"...  ?

And remember, there's a glitch in eBay's unsold ended listings sometimes too. They'll mark something as "sold", when it really hasn't.

Rarity Guide shows $51 avg. for CIB. $100 for sealed.

http://www.rarityguide.com/atari2600_view.php

1 hour ago, save2600 said:

Huh? I don't see any Basic Math's selling for anywhere near $100. Performing a completed auction or sale listing on eBay, only see a $41 sale from a seller in Germany.

Sure, people are asking $75+ for a CIB example currently, but they_are_not selling. It's listings like those that people get to claim "that's what they go for on eBay"...  ?

And remember, there's a glitch in eBay's unsold ended listings sometimes too. They'll mark something as "sold", when it really hasn't.

Rarity Guide shows $51 avg. for CIB. $100 for sealed.

http://www.rarityguide.com/atari2600_view.php

I was looking at this site: https://gamevaluenow.com/atari-2600/basic-math?gameid=41

Under the 'Complete' Category (there is also 'Loose, and 'New'), it is showing a few auctions in 2018 from a low of 52$ to a high of 170$. The one from 2019 shows only one listing, but it was for 89.95$.

It is hard to tell how many are sales as compared to asking price (eBay seems not to keep records going back to the 2018 listings), but it does seem that people are consistently putting a surprisingly high value on a complete set of 'Basic Math'.

"All the fun and excitement of taking a math test now available at anytime in your own home, on your VCS!"

Hahaha, not exactly a winning sales pitch :D

• Haha 1

So some of the gems in there are all the Atari original launch versions, the 1977 gatefold box releases- the boxes with the large numbers along with the name.  They are not extremely rare but getting copies of all in box might take a while.  It took me a while to get a reasonably priced decent shape cart only of basic math 61.  Those nine gatefold box numbered releases would make a nice lot in my opinion. I think the Indy 500 11 box may go inside the larger Indy 500 box with the driving controllers.