IGNORED

H.E.L.I. - A Christmas Demo (playable)

cmadruga

"Santa has a problem he needs to solve before Christmas, can you help him?

Ever since Rudolph picked up this new "ice cave exploration" hobby, it's one headache after another!

You see, ice caves are dangerous places... you never know when you will come across the tribe of goblins led by evil lord Tix.

Strange creatures these goblins! Always changing colors and appearance all the time.

Anyway, no time to lose, the temperature is falling quickly! Help Santa save Rudolph!

Those goblins are nasty, so no time for ho-ho-ho's!

Santa is bringing his anti-goblin rifle, explosive presents, and flying spinning hat to help him on his daring rescue mission.

Let's hope Rudolph will change hobbies!"

demo.png.796fae2dc7188ec8f1a2dc63667118e4.png

H.E.L.I. is a new game that will be released in 2020.

The game will incorporate "Christmas mode" which can be unlocked by entering a special code. Doing so will replace graphics and music to match what you see in this demo.

However, instead of waiting until the game is ready, Christmas Mode is being released ahead of time as this standalone demo. Three levels are available... the final game will have 20+.

Controls: use disc to move protagonist + side buttons to use laser and bombs.

Please keep in mind this is a work in progress.

Hope you all enjoy it, and let me know in case of any comments!

Very thankful for all the support and encouragement as H.E.L.I. continues to be developed!

Merry Christmas!

HELI_Christmas_demo.rom

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7

51 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Did you die always at the same screen? If yes, I think I know which one!

I died 3 times on the first screen with the light.  Yeah, the baddies were placed exactly where they needed to be to take me out.  It's really about memorization and planning once the more complicated levels can be played.   I noticed the baddies are random.  They change when you leave and return to the screen. 

On 12/9/2019 at 8:09 PM, cmadruga said:

Also, want to thank Nyuundere for the Christmas music incorporated into the demo! 

(And of course, big thanks to the goblin lord TIX for graphics.)

Heey I missed the release !!

you are welcome of course, it was great fun working on badass Santa  :P

Edited by TIX
  • Like 1

How does one place an order for the game?  I got the IntellivisionRevolution December 2019 Newsletter today and it made mention of the game, but when I go to the Intellivision Revolution store I don't see it there, nor can I find and details here in the thread or with a Google search on how to place a order.  Does this mean that orders are not being taken yet since it says that the game will be released in 2020?

2 hours ago, Tidus79001 said:

How does one place an order for the game?  I got the IntellivisionRevolution December 2019 Newsletter today and it made mention of the game, but when I go to the Intellivision Revolution store I don't see it there, nor can I find and details here in the thread or with a Google search on how to place a order.  Does this mean that orders are not being taken yet since it says that the game will be released in 2020?

the game is still in the testing stage. Hopefully Rev can chime in with when it might be released. I would hope by PRGE in August if not sooner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From a coding standpoint the game is in a very advanced stage right now, tests are going well and nothing major has been reported.

Similar to what I did during Thanksgiving, I'm hoping to use the holiday break to do another big push and take it closer to the finish line.

I can certainly see the code done much before the next PRGE.