IGNORED

More 2600 Protos RELEASED!

Dutchman2000

16 minutes ago, TwoShedsWilson said:

Any info on which prototypes they are, more sepcifically Centipede and Frog Pond? I'm trying to add them to my ROMset with the others.

Centipede is this one: 

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/centipede/centipedebeta.htm

Frog Pond are these two: 

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/frogpond/frogbeta1.htm

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/frogpond/frogbeta2.htm

BTW if anyone sees something I missed, please let me know.  So many of these have tiny changes that I'm sure I overlooked something in my marathon of reviews.

• Like 1

I have a collection of about 288 different prototypes, would there be any interest in helping me catalogue them? I could post a zip or share them on Google Drive or something if there is.

Most of what I have is already built off of Smokemonster and a few other sources so it should be pretty accurate as-is.

7 hours ago, TwoShedsWilson said:

I have a collection of about 288 different prototypes, would there be any interest in helping me catalogue them? I could post a zip or share them on Google Drive or something if there is.

Most of what I have is already built off of Smokemonster and a few other sources so it should be pretty accurate as-is.

It would be nice to see them and there is always a keen interest on cataloguing any prototypes.  You might surprise us with something new no matter how minor.  Always good to compare what is already known.

7 hours ago, TwoShedsWilson said:

What system?

8)

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, ubersaurus said:

I for one would love to see copies of the M-Network proto roms handed over to a long-term archival institution with instructions to, if nothing else, release them publicly once the copyright has expired. We may all be dead by then, but it'd be nice to know they're secured.

The M-Network protos are all secured.  The BSR people made sure if that.

14 hours ago, chewy said:

oh the orig. programmers have them.  oh thats cool at least someones got em. you really think mattel would go nutz if they got out?  

Somehow I seriously doubt it.  The rom for Rocky & Bullwinkle was released for free some time back and as far as I am aware no legal action was taken because of it.  Still as Tempest has said the roms are safe and information on all BSR games have been categorised and put on various websites such as Tempests so for the time being that is enough for people like myself. 

On 1/1/2020 at 5:57 AM, Foxsolo2000 said:

Somehow I seriously doubt it.  The rom for Rocky & Bullwinkle was released for free some time back and as far as I am aware no legal action was taken because of it.  Still as Tempest has said the roms are safe and information on all BSR games have been categorised and put on various websites such as Tempests so for the time being that is enough for people like myself. 

There are several M-Network roms that I'd love to be able review, but they've never been made available to anyone outside of the person who dumped them (I believe it was one of the original DP guys but don't quote me on that).  The few that I've been able to do full reviews for are because a second copy has turned up somewhere.  I've been told that the roms have all been backed up and archived though, so no worries about that.