IGNORED

Atari Flashback 10 Gold

1 hour ago, Wizzard said:

You mean deluxe version? It exists.

I know about the deluxe version.  I meant a gold edition like how they had the Atari FB 8 Gold & the 9 Gold.  I was hoping for a 10 Gold with wireless controllers.  But I guess this year there won't be a gold version of the FB 10.  Unless the deluxe version is considered the gold this time.

1 hour ago, Atari_Master said:

I know about the deluxe version.  I meant a gold edition like how they had the Atari FB 8 Gold & the 9 Gold.  I was hoping for a 10 Gold with wireless controllers.  But I guess this year there won't be a gold version of the FB 10.  Unless the deluxe version is considered the gold this time.

I think with sales logic and the past as a guide, if it’s not out by Christmas, it’s not coming out. 

There are still 2 glaring omissions this year that need to be addressed.

1) They still haven’t incorporated a Color/BW switch that would be needed for several games (the existing method of holding Select+Up is not persistent and so does not work properly with much other than Secret Quest.  Now that they have those nice switches, there is ample room for a Color/BW switch.

2) A 4:3 - 16:9 switch somewhere on the console or in software. It would be nice to use these with old TVs as well as new ones, so the option to stretch the image to 16:9 is necessary to have full screen on an old TV with a converter.

1 hour ago, KevinMos3 said:

There are still 2 glaring omissions this year that need to be addressed.

1) They still haven’t incorporated a Color/BW switch that would be needed for several games (the existing method of holding Select+Up is not persistent and so does not work properly with much other than Secret Quest.  Now that they have those nice switches, there is ample room for a Color/BW switch.

2) A 4:3 - 16:9 switch somewhere on the console or in software. It would be nice to use these with old TVs as well as new ones, so the option to stretch the image to 16:9 is necessary to have full screen on an old TV with a converter.

It's odd that the Color/BW switch is missing from the FB 10.  Perhaps if they do make another version of the FB 10, that switch will be on there.  Also they might add the option to change screen ratio.

3 hours ago, Atari_Master said:

It's odd that the Color/BW switch is missing from the FB 10.  Perhaps if they do make another version of the FB 10, that switch will be on there.  Also they might add the option to change screen ratio.

They’ll have to add those features before I’ll buy another. I’d love to add a custom USB port to where the faux cartridge slot is on the FB X.  But I’m going to resist any temptation to get one until they have what I previously mentioned — especially since the same emulator is used as the 9. I’m happy with my FB 9 Gold.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

They’ll have to add those features before I’ll buy another. I’d love to add a custom USB port to where the faux cartridge slot is on the FB X.  But I’m going to resist any temptation to get one until they have what I previously mentioned — especially since the same emulator is used as the 9. I’m happy with my FB 9 Gold.

I emailed AT Games and asked if there would be a gold version of the Atari Flashback 10.  And unfortunately they are not making one.  I wonder if they're done with the 2600 flashbacks and moving on to doing a 5200 or 7800 flashback?

I think we still miss one important feature, which is big SD card slot in the place of fake cartridge slot. I wonder if they are waiting till the next year for this essential update.

I know we can use a hack to load ROMs from USB, but SD card slot will be much more ellegant feature.