IGNORED

A rather odd question for P-Box owners... (NO FDC)

Omega-TI

On 12/10/2019 at 1:52 AM, Mehridian Sanders said:

I just came into possession of some Teac 5.25" FDD. Do those work with the PEB? If so, I was wondering if anyone needed one. I will be testing them within the next couple of days for functionality.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here is a guide to old floppies. 
Teac 55 on this page. You need the 55-A or 55-B models. Or 55-BR. the 80- track E and F models are another story. G are right out ( high density 1.2MB)

https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Teac_FD-55_series

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RXB said:

I have a PGRAM, SCSI drives and card and SAMS memory.  Where the hell am I going to plug them in without a P-Box?

Do you have some magic way to make these work without one?

How about a RAMDISK or RS232 card that talks to my IBM PC Windows 95 running PC99?

I understand that TIPI is a great invention but I am not fond of sidecars ever.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:29 AM, --- Ω --- said:

Again, I'm only looking for people who DO NOT USE disk drives in their P-Box.

Again Rich, this is not about sidecars.  This is a thread about people who do not use floppy controllers in their P-Boxes.  So far in this thread we've discovered at least two different configurations people use, while getting the benefit out of their PGRAMS, SCSI drives, SAMS, Triple Tech Cards and a bunch of other cards in their P-Boxes.  Please read the title of this thread, and some of the replies.

Previous to this new device (TIPI) I had RS232 hooked up to my TI99/4A to a IBM with PC99 and that was networked to my other PC's in house.

I was using VNC to run the Windows 95 IBM PC that used RXB to talk to the TI99/4A remotely all run from my Mac Pro tower running Windows 10 

this allowed me to remotely control the IBM PC from my Mac Pro and thus send commands to my TI99/4A.

I even demoed this at one time.