IGNORED

George

atari2600land

My game I spent literally almost all morning on. I got up at about 2 and quit at 9 or so. I have as a result, a beginning of a game. I named it George. Right now George is on an alien planet with toxic grass. His goal is to get to the end of the path that stretches out a long winding way. The path area scrolls up and down. Hard parts were getting a second playfield in (had to use bogax's asm code from Castle of Doom), and all subsequent playfields must be done that way due to the weird code I used for the path area. The level here is reminiscent of my climbing stage of my old Jack and the Beanstalk game, except instead of skipping from screen to screen, it scrolls. Some stuff to add is music, which I want to fill up the rest of the bank with. So I should have two fairly large songs: One for the title screen and one for level 1: Toxic Grass Path. So, what do you think?

george1.bin

• Like 4

New version. Score is now health. If it drops below 100 the game ends. Which is kind of hard to do right now, but not near the end of the game. Added a bird that tries to get you. It chirps first before it appears. Sometimes it won't appear. Because you're not in its vicinity, so it's not a bug (at least I don't think.) The longer the bird touches you, the more points you lose. I also made it so going off the path costs 20 health points.

george3.zip

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

We'll be playing George 2019 LIVE on TOMORROW's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Mr. Yo-Yo (2020 WIP) by DaveM
- Beer Pong (2019) by Edward Smith aka easmith
- George 2007 (2007 WIP) by Chris Read aka atari2600land
- George 2019 (2019 WIP) by Chris Read aka atari2600land
- 1 vs 1 Baseball (2020) by Edward Smith aka easmith

EDIT: YouTube Archive of Stream

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

• 4 months later...

I'm back working on this again and I have a question. I'm using RevEng's score background code and it works, but I have a little problem. As you can see from the screenshot, there is a small section of green before it goes to black. When you scroll down there, though, it is not in fact green, but part of the trail. I was just wondering if there is a way to make that part black like the rest of the score's background color, or not?

george5.bas_4.png.e489406c0ca78d423b254f7e42748636.png

george5.zip

• Like 1

I had something similar happen in Manatee Madness. I was having the grass sprout up and there was that one sliver where the color was different. I can't remember my fix. I remember playing around with the colors of the rows for playfield and background on the bottom of the screen until it disappeared, but then again I had it solid on the bottom so maybe it was easier.