IGNORED

AtGames Blast Namco Bandai Arcade where is it?

Gameplay from Atgames Namco Bandai Arcade Blast:

*NOTE : The No Shoot bug does not work on this version

Galaga - played up to 2 million, didn't use rewinds, but made a savestate to

continue later

video - 0-9 minutes shows score flipping at 2million, i should have used

player 2, since that has a millions digit

Galaga - gameplay from 3 million to killscreen at level 256

shows level 0, and game freezes

used savestate from 2 million to play.

video 10-17 minutes

(sound sync is off slightly throughout)

=============================================

the buttons aren't that loud, i was near the camera, and i turned

the sound down, because i had a youtube video going on, and some tv

in the background.

------------------

now playing - dig dug - to 1 million, and maybe killscreen later - using savestates

pac man - to 1 million, and maybe killscreen later - using savestates

later

I've been playing the Atgames Namco Bandai Arcade Blast version of Pac-Man.

Just got to the Killscreen - used one savestate at 2.9 million for later use.

This part I was able do the stacked pattern fine.

0 - 7 minutes, is score flipping at 1,000,000

In this part I messed up on the very first pattern, but recovered, and didn't have any problems after that.

8 min - 22 minutes, is score from 2.9 million - Killscreen, and then you see the splitscreen maze.

The next game played after, the graphics are corrupt for the fruit and extra men.

later

29 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

You sir simply rock .. it sound so 80 but holy cwap.

They should have you playtest these arcade units and give feedback, it would make for a much improved product imho without breaking the bank.

Honestly, it makes no difference whatsoever. 99.9999999999999% wouldn't care, and wouldn't play until this point.

I just do it out of habit. Its nice to see that the originals are being used though.

- Update, got to 2 million on Dig Dug and quit, these are the Atari versions without the 'slow boards', so it just

stays as the fastest speed. Will take awhile to get to the killscreen, not sure if I'll go for it or not.

later

Good news: I got it at the local Fred Meyer for 15US$ (they are marked as 50% off albeit even during Xmas they were "constantly discounted" at 19.99 instead of the 29.99 "full price MSRP")

Good news: it works

Good news: they are arcade versions

Good news: the power from each of my TVs USB seems enough to run it

Bad news: none of my TVs has enough clearance to use its HDMI input when anything else is plugged on any adjacent HDMI input .... this thing is just too wide for each of 3 of my TVs so I always have to unplug adjacent HDMI cables .... what a shame!

Bad news: Galaga "tractor beam" enemies do not change from green to blue ... they stay green with the detail going purple (as expected) ... so weird! This one has me stumped!

So so news: it gets a little hot, so I am not sure this can just be plugged and forgotten like you would say a Google Chromecast

So so news: the USB cable is short (it's a trend I've seen elsewhere .... not that I like it mind you)

So so news: no AC adapter (it's a trend I've seen elsewhere .... not that I like it mind you)

So so news: the dpad could definitely have been better

I am not sure I want to keep it, disconnecting a few cables before each play-session kind of ruins it for me, the weird Galaga issue may well be one off (but it does throw off the gameplay as they stand out a lot less, so told I am not @negative1 and I am happy when I beat 6 or 7 stages) ....

Will see what I make of it!

NOTE: only tested Galaga, Dig Dug, Pac Man and Mappy.

1 hour ago, phoenixdownita said:

Good news: I got it at the local Fred Meyer for 15US$ (they are marked as 50% off albeit even during Xmas they were "constantly discounted" at 19.99 instead of the 29.99 "full price MSRP")

Good news: it works

Good news: they are arcade versions

So so news: the dpad could definitely have been better

the dpad is terrible and mushy, i had a friend try it out.

the 'a' button has given out on mine, and even opening it up, and fiddling with the

thin plastic membrane doesn't help. the 3 buttons are keyed differently, so you can't

just swap them with other ones, due to little tabs they fit into.

will probably transfer it into some kind of joystick arrangement, which will be a lot

better anyways.

later

Bought something like:

51tiB4Ha9kL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

and now I don't have to unplug everything just to play the thing, managed to get to Galaga level 9 ... and this time around the "tractor beam" ships changed color just right ... 

I think for 15USD+taxes I'll keep it (the small HDMI M-F extenders would come in handy anyway), d-pad/buttons still bad but likely I won't "wear it out" like @negative1

They should have released this one last year, that would have brought AtGames so much more goodwill than the NES fuckaroo!

• Like 1

Atgames is not suffering at all, so releasing this blast now makes no difference. It's probably making a small dent, but not much.

However, I'm giving up on it. I'm getting the Atgames arcade legends blast, with wired controllers, and sega genesis compatibility for

the controllers.

No point in playing with a terrible wireless controller anymore, and there are 50 games on it. (Don't care about the 100/110 game versions).

Also, its the same price. $15-$20 with free shipping. Multiple vendors on ebay and amazon.

later

18 hours ago, negative1 said:

Atgames is not suffering at all, so releasing this blast now makes no difference. It's probably making a small dent, but not much.

However, I'm giving up on it. I'm getting the Atgames arcade legends blast, with wired controllers, and sega genesis compatibility for

the controllers.

No point in playing with a terrible wireless controller anymore, and there are 50 games on it. (Don't care about the 100/110 game versions).

Also, its the same price. $15-$20 with free shipping. Multiple vendors on ebay and amazon.

later

Hope you plan on sitting close to it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1FA56AS6TK7YP/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07MZBVNXM

7 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

I don't get that review. what are they trying to say.

every game i play can take hours at a time, depending on the game.

who cares about switching games.

also, i have my own wired controllers to attach to it, with plenty of space.

finally all my consoles are within 2-3 feet of me, so distance is not an issue

in the least bit.

my gripe is with the controllers.

later

2 minutes ago, negative1 said:

I don't get that review. what are they trying to say.

every game i play can take hours at a time, depending on the game.

who cares about switching games.

also, i have my own wired controllers to attach to it, with plenty of space.

finally all my consoles are within 2-3 feet of me, so distance is not an issue

in the least bit.

my gripe is with the controllers.

later

Sorry I forgot it was you we were talking about, for me if I last 10 minutes it's a record so switching games is ... well ... important.

• Like 1

The review actually is well off the mark, although it may accurately reflect the out of the box state of the system. I never hit the reset button thanks to several workarounds that are available. Hitting start + up (Or is it down?) will load a quarter and vice versa will bring up the exact same menu as the system's reset button does.

And if you use an original 6 button Genesis gamepad or equivalent (I personally now use one of those new officially licensed Retro-Bit Sega Genesis controllers with mine), the mode button also brings up the same exact menu as the reset button does. And if you quickly hit the mode button twice, it even inserts a credit. 

I forget if we can thank AtGames or rmr_md for those quality of life improvements (Or if they were actually available right out of the box), but it makes the system fully usable as far away as your controller cord can stretch. In fact I bought a spare Legends Flashback last year that ended up having a dud reset button right out of the box, and didn't bother to even return it since it simply doesn't matter with the more convenient controller shortcuts that are available.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played me some more Mappy on the unit and some more Galaga and I have to say that for 15US$ (that's what I paid) it's worth the price of admission.

Yes the joypad quality can be better and some settings (dip switch for example) should be available but all in all it's not bad.

I am not sure AtGames turns much of a profit given I paid 50% of MSRP, and I bought at the store, but hey if they can hit that mark (say next year they target the 19.99US$ price range) it's something I can see buying again (Taito, Konami, Capcom, Jaleco, DataEast arcade collections from the golden age would all be welcome additions imho).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, negative1 said:

mostly just rally-x gameplay.

later

Good evening

I got the one with 8 games (no Tower of Druaga nor New Rally X) the box is yellow as is the dongle, the controller is the same as other Blast! mini consoles.

The batch code is: D10707

Have a nice day

D.

Edited by delmero
Add information

18 hours ago, delmero said:

Good evening

I got the one with 8 games (no Tower of Druaga nor New Rally X) the box is yellow as is the dongle, the controller is the same as other Blast! mini consoles.

The batch code is: D10707

Have a nice day

D.

those are probably the NES versions, unless they released a newer edition.

later

3 hours ago, negative1 said:

those are probably the NES versions, unless they released a newer edition.

later

From Reddit

r/cade
djtanng1y

Namco Flashback Blast Pacman "v3.0"

First off, sorry if this doesn't belong in this sub. I just wanted to shed some light on this subject.

As some of you may already know, AtGames released an hdmi stick called Blast last fall that you plug into your TV and play arcade games with the included controller. The big controversy surrounding it when it launched was that they sent good ones out to the reviewers before it came out, and the units consumers got in the end was an inferior version with nes rom versions of the games instead of the arcade versions that the reviewers got. Basically a bait and switch.

Well, I bought one from Walmart the other day and it had the actual arcade versions on it and in the main menu it shows "wd3306w v3.0". AtGame's Q&A section of their website says:

We plan to make incremental version changes as we continue production including introducing the arcade version.

It doesn't give any more info about it. I'm hoping they could release a firmware update that can transform the old units into the new version v3.0 for all the people that felt cheated when they first got it when it launched last fall.

A quick google search couldn't find me any info about the software versions for Namco Flashback Blast Pacman, nor could I find any info about updating existing units that are stuck with the crummy nes rom versions. An update exists, because I have it on mine. v3.0. Does anyone on here know anything more about this? If you have one, what batch code is on your box?

EDIT: For further investigation, I purchased another one off Amazon and got the one with the non-arcade nes roms. It was only about $7, so I said what the hell. Here's what I learned: The bad one's with the nes roms don't have any version info at all in the menus, like "v1.0" or anything. However, the outer box says "Batch Code: H10710" on the bottom side. The good one with the real arcade versions I got from Walmart says "Batch Code: D10707". Both boxes are near identical, so I hope this info helps anyone thinking about purchasing one of these in the future.

PS: I should also note that all Walmart versions, new and old, have Pac-Mania as one of the 8 games instead of The Tower of Druaga, which every other store got. I'm not sure how or if this affects the batch code on the box.

• Like 1

I really don't see where the confusion is. The one with arcade games on it is the Bandai Namco Arcade Blast! (WD3305/WD3305S) with 10 games and the original one with the 8 home (NES) versions is called the Bandai Namco Flashback Blast (WD3306). The arcade one is in the orange packaging and the home one is in the yellow packaging.

It's all detailed on the Blast! website: https://blast.atgames.net/blast_family

Arcade:

WD3305_3Dbox_L.png?disposition=inlineHome versions:

WD3306%20inverse.png?disposition=inline

5 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I really don't see where the confusion is. The one with arcade games on it is the Bandai Namco Arcade Blast! (WD3305/WD3305S) with 10 games and the original one with the 8 home (NES) versions is called the Bandai Namco Flashback Blast (WD3306). The arcade one is in the orange packaging and the home one is in the yellow packaging.

It's all detailed on the Blast! website: https://blast.atgames.net/blast_family

Arcade:

WD3305_3Dbox_L.png?disposition=inlineHome versions:

WD3306%20inverse.png?disposition=inline

The yellow one I have Mr. Bill, I'll buy the orange one, no sweat. I will have to wait a while though , this pandemic has been a drag. I hope it goes its course and doesn't kill more people.

Regards

D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

C'mon AtGames, my coveted Namco Arcade Blast unit has no sound on my new Samsung TV.

The Samsung TV explicitly states audio over HDMI has to be PCM and not bitstream, so I wonder if that's the issue or maybe just an out-of-spec signal in the audio dept .... at any rate the unit (WD3305) is discontinued.

On other news it works on 2 much older TV sets I have so if I really really want to play I still can .... such a pity as I wanted my 4Y son to get a feeling for these games on the "big TV" in the house ... thankfully I bought it new at 50% discount at FredMeyer so I don't feel too bad, there's enough people complaining of the same audio issues to believe it is indeed a fault of these units.

I guess to play the games I'd have to resort to the Namco Connect and Play unit (or the even older Jakks units), pity really as this one had PacMania and SkyKid which are not in any earlier units and a nice native HDMI video signal ... sigh!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 6:46 PM, negative1 said:

Atgames version is out at target $40:

QhHRQOo.jpg

later

Sorry, I meant Arcade 1up version of Pac-man:

=============================

Here's a comparison:

-----------------------------

Game list:

Namco Arcade Blast
===============================
Pac-Man            - on 8-1
Galaga                  - on 8-1
Galaxian                - on 8-1, standup
Dig Dug                 - on 8-1, standup
Mappy                   - on 8-1, standup
Sky Kid                 - Exclusive
Tower of Druaga         - Exclusive
Pacmania                - on 8-1, standup
New Rally-X             - on A1up HDMI
Xevious                 - Exclusive

Arcade 1up pac-man HDMI
================================
Pac-Man          - on 8-1, standup, Namco Blast
Galaga           - on 8-1, standup, Namco Blast
Dig Dug          - on 8-1, standup, Namco Blast
Pac-Mania               - on standup, Namco Blast
New rally-x             - Namco Blast
Galaga 88               - Exclusive
rolling thunder         - Exclusive
super xevious           - Exclusive
mappy                   - on 8-1, Namco Blast
Dragaon Spirit          - Exclusive

8-1 Arcade 1up : pac-man partycade
===============================
Pac-Man
Pac n Pal
Super Pac-Man
Dig Dug
Mappy
Xevious
Galaga
Galaxian

Just got it, this will be my go to version, since you can use USB controllers plugged in,

I'm using the Mayflash Arcade stick controller for it.

later

Edited by negative1