IGNORED

Xbox Series X

Cobra Strike Down

3 hours ago, Zap! said:

The name is awful; the level of confusion with the One X will rival the Wii U. On the bright side though, at least they didn't name it the Xbox Two.

I don't know, the Wii Uwas much more confusing, but to be fair, only to a certain crowd. We know of it, but the typical person out there isn't too familiar with the X vs the typical Xbox One. It was for the 'hard core' gamer who will know the difference. The people who were confused about the Wii vs the Wii U or Xbox 360 vs Xbox One were the common folk who don't read up on anything. Those people will buy Wiis. Those people will be Wii Us. They probably couldn't care less about the xbox one X. They'd sooner buy a launch or slim model. 

And again, I think this is what they're calling the series of systems. The family of them. I don't think there will be just one. And I think they'll have individual names. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

I don't know, the Wii Uwas much more confusing, but to be fair, only to a certain crowd. We know of it, but the typical person out there isn't too familiar with the X vs the typical Xbox One. It was for the 'hard core' gamer who will know the difference. The people who were confused about the Wii vs the Wii U or Xbox 360 vs Xbox One were the common folk who don't read up on anything. Those people will buy Wiis. Those people will be Wii Us. They probably couldn't care less about the xbox one X. They'd sooner buy a launch or slim model. 

And again, I think this is what they're calling the series of systems. The family of them. I don't think there will be just one. And I think they'll have individual names. 

I don't doubt that Wii U was a a far worse and more confusing name, but why not just call it Xbox Scarlett? Why do code names almost always sound cooler than the actual name?

10 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

Microsoft has clarified that the next generation platform is simply called Xbox, with Series X being the particular version of that model that was unveiled. 

You beat me by a couple minutes, lol

Consoles being sold like phones feels wrong, but at least they're less expensive, I guess.

11 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Microsoft has clarified that the next generation platform is simply called Xbox, with Series X being the particular version of that model that was unveiled. 

That's even dumber. Stallone did this with Rambo 4, simply calling it Rambo. It was dumb then too.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:48 AM, Zeptari1 said:
I’m pretty sure the new Xbox is not 100% compatible with the full Xbox library.
I think it’s backwards compatible with the games that have already been converted over, not the whole library from every console.

I won’t be confused when I go to purchase it Holiday 2020. It will be the most expensive Xbox in the store at that time.

Maybe they should’ve just called it the Dreamcast 5 !
Everyone knows the original Xbox was inspired by the design of the Dreamcast .
They just have to make sure it backwards compatible with a Dreamcast library too! Lol

Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox one
Dreamcast 5

Then it would be PS5 vs DC5 next year! Of course I'm kidding.

Why do you think this? Because they got SEGA games on the original XBox?

The story of the XBox goes back before the Dreamcast was a thing.  Basically the winning idea was to bring PC gaming and networking into a console.  They weren't thinking about SEGA or Sonic at all when they were coming up with the concept in 1998.  Christmas that year was full of big PC releases like Baldur's Gate and Half Life - they wanted those games on a console that could compete with Sony.

BTW - I agree with you that it won't be 100% compatible, but I am optimistic that X360 controllers will work if you plug them into it.

33 minutes ago, wongojack said:

Why do you think this? Because they got SEGA games on the original XBox?

The story of the XBox goes back before the Dreamcast was a thing.  Basically the winning idea was to bring PC gaming and networking into a console.  They weren't thinking about SEGA or Sonic at all when they were coming up with the concept in 1998.  Christmas that year was full of big PC releases like Baldur's Gate and Half Life - they wanted those games on a console that could compete with Sony.

BTW - I agree with you that it won't be 100% compatible, but I am optimistic that X360 controllers will work if you plug them into it.

Because they share many design features... 4 controller ports, memory cards plug into the controller, similar button layout and most importantly the triggers. The Xbox controller was pretty much a Dreamcast controller with an added thumbstick. Though the whole Windows CE thing is another argument by many why the Xbox was DC2. This doesn't mean I believe it was...

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Wait, are we talking Dreamcast or N64? 

Well.. he does have a point.?

But hey, Shenmue 2 was on the original Xbox. That alone made it feel special, almost like it was running on enhanced Dreamcast hardware.