IGNORED

sap music from Peter Sabath Demo

Poison

32 minutes ago, Paul Westphal said:

Go to DEMOZOO. Click MUSIC, search Atari 8 bit. You will find SAP, RMT and .xex’s of music  in zipped files. ( some MP3’s as well )

thank you, but there are not Peter Sabaths music, only demos in zip. Peter Sabath is not in ASMA too :(

This Peter Sabath intro was originally made for Abbuc Magazine #20. They had three intros on the magazine back then (besides Peter's intro they also had an intro from D.Johannsen that looked a little bit like Uridium, but was only a demo and of course the winner intro from Gnome Design).

The musical source/inspiration for this intro is of course "Lucifer" by The Alan Parsons Project (from the APP album Eve).

• Like 2

I'm working on a title screen for a game, and I would like to add background music.

- So far it's possible to export the .g2f to .asm.

- And it's possible to export the .rtm to .asm with Raster Music Tracker.

Is there a pre-made asm code for "pasting" both codes (and adding something else like exit with Start / fire button) in order to build a .xex with the picture and the music?

Edited by tane

9 hours ago, Xuel said:

Here you go:

sabath.zip 31.38 kB · 8 downloads

I used Altirra to write out about 6 minutes of the demo to a TYPE R SAP file (Record -> Record SAP type R). Then I used dmsc's lzss code to create a 7K XEX. Then I modified lzss's code to be playable as a TYPE B SAP.

Link to dmsc's lzss code:

Thank you very much, Xuel. And can be created "Multisap" with all tracks in demo? There are under A,B,C . ..  keys different musics.

• 3 weeks later...

I love that demo too. There are some tunes that are really awesome. Although they do not have all the modern fx and bells and whistles RMT has, some of those older tunes, really have it. This is a great example.

I remember in the 90's I was a few weeks in hospital, and back home the Abbuc disks were waiting for me. And when I got home one of the first things I explored was this demo. It was amazing to see all this beauty and listen to the songs. I was happy to be back home.