IGNORED

Raspberry Pi recommendations?

jmazzy

I received my first PEB-based TIPI this week.  Looking forward to tinkering with it.

I'm sure these 2 question have been asked before but I haven't yet found much in earlier msg threads:  

1)  Which Pi model do you all recommend for the PEB-based TIPI?  

2)  Which outlet or seller would you recommend buying from?

It would be easy enough from me to just pick the first thing I find, but with seemingly so many variations of the Pi 3, I thought I should get some feedback first.

11 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Put a 3b or 4 on it
Shoulda ordered one with it in my store :)

Yes, in hindsight, ordering one from you along with the board would've been easier.  

Still, it would be interesting to hear which Pi model others have chosen and why. 

I'm assuming just about any Pi v3 or higher is fine?  I might be interested in tinkering with the Pi independently of the TIPI also.

Yes, in hindsight, ordering one from you along with the board would've been easier.  

Still, it would be interesting to hear which Pi model others have chosen and why. 

I'm assuming just about any Pi v3 or higher is fine?  I might be interested in tinkering with the Pi independently of the TIPI also.
Yup you can also use a zero W but I don't recommend it it's only one core.. slooww

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

<< THIS 3B+ KIT >> can get you up and running.  It comes with the power supply and a couple of heat sinks.  Your local hardware store should have some nylon nuts and bolts and Wally World should still have some inexpensive 32Gig SD cards.  Then it's only a matter of downloading the image from Matts site, using Etcher to put in on the card and follow the setup instructions.

It's been a while now, but if IIRC the mouse driver was separate, although in my opinion it should be included in future releases, if it's not already).  

On 12/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, jmazzy said:

Here is a YouTube of RasPi 3 w/ NOOBS software too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juHoJYX86Dg

On 12/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, jmazzy said:

Also have this item about RasPI and TIsim99 software, using "RetroPi" :

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/TI-99

On 12/13/2019 at 9:07 PM, Mehridian Sanders said:

Exactly my recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a 3B+ and it has not failed me yet. I have not purchased a 4 yet but it is only a matter of time I suppose. I am working towards using the existing GPIO to further many projects in the TI world. Too many projects.....

If worse comes to worse and it is not working the way you wanted... pull the SD and remake the OS/image.. boom bam done.

Edited by Mehridian Sanders
  • Thanks 1