IGNORED

What was your #1 cartridge from the old days?

Omega-TI

I'll start it off...

For me, "back in the day" it was my Extended BASIC cartridge.  With it, I could naturally load Extended BASIC programs, but also E/A5 programs with a loader or with BOOT.  It was awesome.  As time went on however, I started migrating to all E/A5 programs for 95% of what I did, so the SuperCart with 4A/DOS became my main cartridge.  When I got back into the TI, the SuperCart and 4A/DOS was my re-entry point.   I still have one of each for nostalgia purposes, but now they are more decorative than anything else.

• Like 2

Here's one I'm pretty sure nobody else is going to say: Black Hole (1987, Databiotics).  Because it was the best two player game we had.  Don't often hear folks speak nostalgically about two player games and gaming experiences here.  But yeah, that was definitely a key one for me, and probably my most played.  After that, Munchman, TI Invaders and Midnight Mason, in declining volume of play. 

Still have all the carts.  Those aren't favourites of mine these days at all though.  Partly, any TI gaming is solo.  Partly, I arrived at new favourites once I explored the fuller library.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mizapf said:

(I supposed this one was more about a quality, like your #1 in priority)

When i was starting out, XB was indispensable.

Now that i have the FinalGrom99, it has usurped XB's position.

My XB cart is now #2 priority, mainly going to be used in my second console until i get a second FG99.

Maybe we should set up another poll like "what were your first three TI cartridges"?

My first carts were also my only carts (except for XB, was a later purchase); they all came with the TI at purchase.

Mostly some of the common educational carts, along with TI Invaders, Parsec, and Buck Rogers, plus others.

I have about 20 carts, and matching manuals for them, but never use them.

Until i purchased the FG99, my most played carts excluding XB were TI Invaders, Alpiner, and Word Radar.

After the XB cart came, i never touched Word Radar again, and XB pretty much never left the cart port, except for the occasional game of Parsec.

Now that i have the FG99, it has not left my cart port since i first inserted it.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 1

I had only 4 carts in all the first part of my TI-99/4A's life ? 
the first one was Hunt the Wumpus, included in the computer package when purchased it. The second one was an educational cartridge, Minus Mission.
The third one after about one year has been a used Indoor Soccer - (ok yes i know, i was not a lucky guy with the game cartridges ? ) ...
and finally after about 2 years arrived the Extended Basic cartridge, was the late 1985.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

I had only 4 carts in all the first part of my TI-99/4A's life ? 
the first one was Hunt the Wumpus, included in the computer package when purchased it. The second one was an educational cartridge, Minus Mission.
The third one after about one year has been a used Indoor Soccer - (ok yes i know, i was not a lucky guy with the game cartridges ? ) ...
and finally after about 2 years arrived the Extended Basic cartridge, was the late 1985.

OMG! You got out of bed on the wrong foot. :|

• Haha 2

Probably Tunnels Of Doom. I had a few friends that would come over to spend untold hours playing it.

Re: 2-Player games not being talked about much here, some of my fondest memories of TI gaming BITD was with Blasto! That game was in constant rotation and way up there among my friends at the time. Since I only had the single Atari joystick adapter, one of us would have to use the keyboard.   :)

• Like 1

As a kid, I only had four cartridges: Q-Bert, The Attack, Alien Addition, and Scholastic Spelling (don't remember which level).  I didn't own any of the software development tools other than the built-in BASIC.  I had a nearby neighbor that had Extended BASIC that I borrowed for a little while.  Out of the ones I owned, Q-Bert was my favorite.

• Like 1