IGNORED

Another World Pirate copies

JaggingUK

Well, glad you guys took my rant in a constructive light.  Reason I want the Jag version is simple: I LOVE the Jag with capital letters, but truth be told, it has so few actual, really good games, that anyone's Jag collection always desperately needs another great game one can add to it.

Very true, I can play that game on other systems, but I'm at that point I just need more good games for my collection.  How many games do you guys consider worth having (and playing) on the Jag? 10, 12, maybe 15? 1 more great game is significant in such small collection.

Also the Jag version has better graphics than most other versions. And last batch RGC ran was 2013, I think 7 years is too long in the tooth for another run. Albeit small, there is demand.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2020 at 6:18 AM, marcio_napoli said:

Well, glad you guys took my rant in a constructive light.  Reason I want the Jag version is simple: I LOVE the Jag with capital letters, but truth be told, it has so few actual, really good games, that anyone's Jag collection always desperately needs another great game one can add to it.

Very true, I can play that game on other systems, but I'm at that point I just need more good games for my collection.  How many games do you guys consider worth having (and playing) on the Jag? 10, 12, maybe 15? 1 more great game is significant in such small collection.

Also the Jag version has better graphics than most other versions. And last batch RGC ran was 2013, I think 7 years is too long in the tooth for another run. Albeit small, there is demand.  

Just chiming in to agree really.

Another World is a great addition to the Jag library and a worthy addition to everyones Jag collection. It's a timeless masterpiece.

Shame it's so limited though...

• 3 weeks later...

It sucks when people make a reproduction. It's not right (it's illegal), but you kind of have to expect it when there's something in demand, and it's easy to copy. Apparently copying Jaguar games onto carts is super-easy now... I've never done it, but there's lots of repros.

I always buy the original when they're available. But when things are no longer being reproduced, I have no qualms about buying the reproduction. To date, I only have two reproductions...

1. Battleshphere, which I got for $39 from Etsy. It's flawless, even the label. But it says "Reproduction" in small letters on the sticker. No way I'm paying $1,000 for a used copy of this game.
  2. Dragon Warrior 1-4 Combination NES cart. I have 1 and 2, but I'm not paying $400 and $500 to get copies of Dragon Warrior 3 and 4 for the NES.

Shoot me... lol, but I literally buy a copy of every legitimate Jaguar game that's put up for sale on AtariAge and elsewhere.

18 hours ago, 82-T/A said:
  1. Battleshphere, which I got for $39 from Etsy. It's flawless, even the label. But it says "Reproduction" in small letters on the sticker. No way I'm paying $1,000 for a used copy of this game.

Not anymore...Etsy has been coming down on shop owners that sell repros and many of them have already closed up for what I would assume is for good.

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Not anymore...Etsy has been coming down on shop owners that sell repros and many of them have already closed up for what I would assume is for good.

I guess that means the value of our repros will go up then! If no one can make them anymore. 

19 minutes ago, madman said:

Not selling them on Etsy and not making them are two separate things.

I don't disagree with that, but I have seen where many of the guys that were running these shops have stated it isn't worth the hassle to keep finding new ways to sell them for the little profit they apparently make on them.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I don't disagree with that, but I have seen where many of the guys that were running these shops have stated it isn't worth the hassle to keep finding new ways to sell them for the little profit they apparently make on them.

Those individuals that want to get BSG on a cart will find a way to get one for under $50 Etsy or no Etsy

On 3/9/2020 at 8:33 AM, orpheuswaking said:

Those individuals that want to get BSG on a cart will find a way to get one for under $50 Etsy or no Etsy

Yeah, and to be clear, since I fully acknowledge I am aiding and abetting theft, technically...

I want the game, but there's just no way I'm paying $400+ on it. The only person profiting from it is the guy who's looking to really make a huge profit off of it. I'm 100% pro-Capitalism... but don't mind screwing the guy a little who's looking to 4x or 5x his profit. It's not taking money out of the hands of the original developer since he's no longer making them, and... if I ever did actually sell it, I would make it clear that it's a reproduction. So that's my personal moral justification for theft.

8 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Yeah, and to be clear, since I fully acknowledge I am aiding and abetting theft, technically...

I want the game, but there's just no way I'm paying $400+ on it. The only person profiting from it is the guy who's looking to really make a huge profit off of it. I'm 100% pro-Capitalism... but don't mind screwing the guy a little who's looking to 4x or 5x his profit. It's not taking money out of the hands of the original developer since he's no longer making them, and... if I ever did actually sell it, I would make it clear that it's a reproduction. So that's my personal moral justification for theft.

you-keep-using-that-word-1280x720.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know. 

A few days ago I've received an email from RGC saying they're continuing to update the wishlist for a third run of Another World.  That was 4 days ago :D

It looks like it remains without a release date, but I found very interesting to receive that email, I guess we'll all have the chance to get a legit copy this year.

Awesome I say!

On 3/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, marcio_napoli said:

A few days ago I've received an email from RGC saying they're continuing to update the wishlist for a third run of Another World.  That was 4 days ago :D

It looks like it remains without a release date, but I found very interesting to receive that email, I guess we'll all have the chance to get a legit copy this year.

Awesome I say!

That's fantastic news! Thanks for the update

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, marcio_napoli said:

Awesome I say!

Where did you get a hold of them? Is there a forum post or blog somewhere they update?

On 4/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, McCarseat said:

Where did you get a hold of them? Is there a forum post or blog somewhere they update?

Sorry I took so long to reply, I rarely visit the forum.

Many months ago when I really wanted an AW copy (that was October 2018), I found their email somewhere (it's been months, don't remember where), and asked if they could put me in the waiting list.

On March 11, 2020, I got this reply:

"Hello,

Sorry for the delay, we have continued to update the waiting list.
We will keep you informed on the possibility of a 3rd edition of Another World on Jaguar
cordially
The RGC team"

And they have shown up before on this forum saying they have all intentions of a 3rd run, just not sure when.

It looks like they have stock left for box art, cart shells, etc so why not.

So this is how I got that info :D

On 4/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, marcio_napoli said:

Sorry I took so long to reply, I rarely visit the forum.

Many months ago when I really wanted an AW copy (that was October 2018), I found their email somewhere (it's been months, don't remember where), and asked if they could put me in the waiting list.

On March 11, 2020, I got this reply:

"Hello,

Sorry for the delay, we have continued to update the waiting list.
We will keep you informed on the possibility of a 3rd edition of Another World on Jaguar
cordially
The RGC team"

And they have shown up before on this forum saying they have all intentions of a 3rd run, just not sure when.

It looks like they have stock left for box art, cart shells, etc so why not.

So this is how I got that info :D

No worries, I e-mailed them in the meantime and I got a response back that I have been added to the waiting list.

For anyone curious this is the e-mail address:

contact@retro-gc.fr

• 3 months later...

Let's hope when they do another run of Another World the guy selling pirate copies on ebay UK does not effect the sales of the actual game as it will be a big shame if a new run is done and the take up of buyers is lower than it should be especially when so many of us have bothered him for so long and asked him to do another run of them.

5 hours ago, tripled79 said:

Hopefully they "Do the math" and make a supply that meets the demand or else we'll be seeing more scalpers selling them on eBay for $800...

Well, there's a sucker born every day, and then there's this retard level of thought.  $400 is not overpriced enough for you - sure, find some dolt to pay $800 for it.  With these prices, you'd think this turd was dropped by Apple.