IGNORED

Another World Pirate copies

JaggingUK

First time I have seen on ebay someone selling copies of Another World on ebay. Some guy in France. I always thought it must have been a hard game to copy (for some reason) as I have never seen pirated copies of it for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Another-World-Jaguar/133263424625?hash=item1f071e7c71:g:mWYAAOSwgsddpesk

Looks like he has sold plenty judging by the feedback. 

I figured somebody would be able to pass this onto the correct people. It is the first time I've seen Another World being copied, plenty of other titles I have seen, but never Another World - I am sure the team behind Another World are in France so maybe that game is being done by someone the RGC team know as the seller is from France too... Let's see if the listing disappears.

Also another guy is doing Another World Jaguar boxes (minus the games) - I assume RGC never game him permission for those either

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Another-World-Jaguar-ATJ-Art-Case-Replacement-Box/254324495727?hash=item3b36ebd56f:g:2msAAOSwNkxdTBH5

On 12/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, JaggingUK said:

That guy is selling a box for "Alone in the Dark" for the Jaguar.  It has text on the back from Battlesphere and the bee logo from CJ's ST ports.  A little convoluted mix-mash, but I hadn't heard of Alone in the Dark being ported to the Jag.  Also hadn't heard of an Atari ST version, so the bee logo didn't make sense to me either.  I'm assuming this box is just some wishful thinking, but is it actually based on a port that I missed?

Is there a thread somewhere they post updates or a site for the legit copies? I'm relatively new to the Jaguar and didn't even know this was a thing!!

Would love to get in on the next batch if/when it happens.

EDIT: Found the original thread with links to their page:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/206660-another-world-jaguar-pre-order/

Edited by McCarseat

On 12/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, JagChris said:

Doesn't B&C sell those? Or are they out?

Got a hold of them. They pretty much only sell on ebay now according to the e-mail reply I got back.

They'll sell things for slightly cheaper if you buy direct, but their inventory is in their ebay store. No copies of Out Of This World on there.

How interesting is that, I've just logged in to look for Another World info (third batch).

Here's my take on repro copies - and I seriously don't care if you think my opinion is garbage, I really couldn't care less.

I'm sitting here waiting for a third batch. I want this game, I really want this game.

In this $hitty part in the World I live, after dollar conversion + import taxes, ebay's legit copies would get to my door for about $3000 to 4000 bucks (in my currency). 4 effing thousand bucks.

Sellers who have the legit copy are greedy as F, and the original copyright owners are just there, waiting years and years to release another batch and doing nothing to supply demand (small, but it exists).

Ever heard of shut up and take my money? Good. Cause my money is not going to their pockets (RGC) while we all sit here and wait.

Want my money? Act faster.

I could buy a repro copy today (I won't, but I could), because at least someone is acting faster to offer me what I want.

Don't like to lose money to pirates? Awesome, act faster. 

• Like 2

Even for a repro that's pricey. It's almost $70 for just the cart with no box and that label doesn't look all that nice. 

I have that game on probably 5 other systems at least so in no rush for a Jaguar version honestly. 

I agree with Zerosquare above, it's been available for years on many other consoles to play it on. The prices for a real Another World on the Jaguar make it unreasonable to want to purchase it when it's like $5-20 on other consoles.