IGNORED

I need a little help. Ms. Night Stalker

Humblejack

Hi, I recently sold my Ms. Night Stalker to a guy in Canada. I have never had a problem with the shipping but this time either the USPS or the CPS got the better of me. I would like to replace it.  If anyone out there has just a box or a Complete In Box game they would like to sell. Please message me. Thanks to all, Hankster

69661279_459620487935311_2717278520865718272_n.jpg

79097743_2421925341408286_8903453026920955904_n.jpg

79578284_824186458029209_5383271498674864128_n.jpg

I have purchased multiple parcels from Hank in the USA. Every shipment (and there have been many) I receive from him has always been super well packed (inside and out). I have never received a damaged parcel. Nice thick boxes. Well padded inside. 

Like you said Hank, boxes aren’t employee or stupid proof. A steel toe boot or an angry throw will always win. 

Its very honourable of you to do the right thing. If there’s anything I can do to assist you, please let me know. I know the buyer and he’s somewhat local to me. 

Unfortunately, I don’t own a copy of this particular game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Humblejack said:

No not, "a shoebox?", you are looking at the end of the box, it's a USPS medium box. They make a pretty darn good box. But nothing can hold up to a USPS or CPS employee devoted to it's destruction.

Oh believe me, plenty of experience with apathetic employees (all too common anymore) going out of their way to destroy things. Reminds me when I filed an insurance claim on a Vectrex once. It was packed extremely well, with several inch thick cushy foam all around it, yet USPS still managed to shatter the case - broken pieces everywhere. No way that was merely an "accident".   sigh

8 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I can also vouch for Hank's packaging.  Top notch.

Years ago I tried to upgrade my Chip Shot and Thin Ice.  The seller (not Hank) used an oversized reused box with lots of empty space.  Here's how they looked in the auction, what I found on my porch, and the aftermath.

Screenshot_20191214-104503.png

Screenshot_20191214-104153.png

Screenshot_20191214-104304.png

Screenshot_20191214-104422.png

That's a damn shame when you see stuff like that happen.  Wow. 

I received an Intellivision that got special treatment recently, too. 

FA7CF7BA-BD6B-4698-9628-87A690592121.thumb.jpeg.40027d9004e1a1b41ed51f4d6da7260d.jpeg

It was a system that needed fixing already, but this just made me chuckle / wince / cry. There was additional damage but it isn’t visible until i opened up the system to inspect its interior and get it working again. 

Hankster, I can check but don’t expect that I have an extra copy of this one. :(

On 12/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, Humblejack said:

It was in a box. with 6 other games. Lucky only one was damaged.

That's good. It would have really sucked if all of them had been damaged, especially if they had the same relative value as Ms. Night Stalker.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:28 AM, Humblejack said:

No not, "a shoebox?", you are looking at the end of the box, it's a USPS medium box. They make a pretty darn good box. But nothing can hold up to a USPS or CPS employee  devoted to it's destruction.

Did you use a USPS priority box and wrap it in brown paper? I do think those boxes are generally fine but they aren't the highest quality since they are free for priority mail customers. I do know that the post office highly discourages people using them for other purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little rougher with it intentionally.