IGNORED

800XLs for sale

hueyjones70

I like to buy 800XLs, upgrade them and resell them for a small profit. I can do video upgrades (usually SV 2.1), install UAV, install memory upgrades, (Wiztronics or Rambo), and generally clean them up. I usually sell on eBay but I would be willing to do business with forum members without the fees associated with eBay. Anyone interested can message me and work out details.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

For the non Atari-inclined (like myself, who owns an 800XL and a 130XE but does not know the lingo,) could I impose upon you to explain the upgrades and what they do?

The SuperVideo 2.1 changes some resistors and capacitors in order to separate the Luma (black&white) signal from the Chroma(color) signal so that you don'd get colored objects bleeding into each other.  It also sharpens the pixel definition.  The UAV (Ultimate Atari Video) does this with an add-on board that is plugged in to the motherboard.  The Wiztronic and Rambo upgrades increase the RAM from 64K to 256K.  

• Thanks 1