IGNORED

Atari ST vs. Amiga

I can't talk about the Amiga side but I know that the ST had Dungeon Master and I also played and finished Phantasie II. I think there was a version of Dungeon Master for the Amiga. If you look at Amiga versus the ST, there are videos that compare the same game on the 2 systems. Of course, Amiga always seems to have the nicer looking game. The question was always if someone was willing to pay the higher price of the Amiga vs. the price of the ST. This is part of the reason that Commodore released the Amiga500. They wanted a lower cost system so that it would hopefully draw in more customers.

Not always true. Predator looks like it plays better on the ST than the Amiga, although the audio on the Amiga version is a lot better...

I've come to terms with the Amiga after many years and having been an ST owner back in the day. The Amiga has Atari DNA through and through, it's just a brother from a different mother...granted, she was a street walker but I digress! :) I'll still welcome an Amiga in my home. :)

Edit: If I end up with an Amiga, that Commodore logo is gonna get removed...

Haha. Yeah, the Amiga really has Atari blood running through it. It was a Commodore machine in name only. Too bad the way things worked out.

I can't talk about the Amiga side but I know that the ST had Dungeon Master and I also played and finished Phantasie II. I think there was a version of Dungeon Master for the Amiga. If you look at Amiga versus the ST, there are videos that compare the same game on the 2 systems. Of course, Amiga always seems to have the nicer looking game. The question was always if someone was willing to pay the higher price of the Amiga vs. the price of the ST. This is part of the reason that Commodore released the Amiga500. They wanted a lower cost system so that it would hopefully draw in more customers.

Not always true. Predator looks like it plays better on the ST than the Amiga, although the audio on the Amiga version is a lot better...

I've come to terms with the Amiga after many years and having been an ST owner back in the day. The Amiga has Atari DNA through and through, it's just a brother from a different mother...granted, she was a street walker but I digress! :) I'll still welcome an Amiga in my home. :)

Haha. Yeah, the Amiga really has Atari blood running through it. It was a Commodore machine in name only. Too bad the way things worked out.

Personally, I wish both companies would've just agreed to merge the ST and Amiga platforms back in 1987 following their legal settlement. Then we would've had a pretty strong combined [third] platform that might still be going strong today...

Personally, I wish both companies would've just agreed to merge the ST and Amiga platforms back in 1987 following their legal settlement. Then we would've had a pretty strong combined [third] platform that might still be going strong today...

Possibly.

Creating a plugin card for PCs might have worked. I knew all kinds of people that wanted 68000 based Unix like options for their PCs. Mainframe on a chip they used to call the 68000.

And Amiga actually had a patent on their blitter. How long did it take to get graphics acceleration on PCs? I think the first PC cards with blitters (not just line draw) arrived in 1991 and were pretty expensive.

I have a Core2Duo machine with decent graphics. Billions of operations per second. The damn thing still stutters when rendering. MPEG video playback shows tearing.

I have a Core2Duo machine with decent graphics. Billions of operations per second. The damn thing still stutters when rendering. MPEG video playback shows tearing.

In fairness, had Sony/Toshiba gotten their act together and marketed the Cell processor as a necessary media co-processor, you/we wouldn't suffer from that issue...