IGNORED

What is your favorite version of Lunar Lander for the TI?

Omega-TI

Wow! That looks cool. How haven't I tried this one already? I'm a big fan of Lunar Lander style games. Going to fire this up for Retro-Wednesday after I get done doing all the things a wife makes one do during his vacation. 

Of course my favorite is SCRAA which has Lunar Lander elements....   

:) << HERE >> :)

While taking every opportunity to shamelessly promote SCRAA I'll probably have to start working PR efforts for my next game. This one features assembly language coding I've picked up thanks to the Assembly thread started here by matthew180. The working title is "ENK" which stands for...

Hint: The title "ENK" is another acronym.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Airshack said:

Wow! That looks cool. How haven't I tried this one already? I'm a big fan of Lunar Lander style games. Going to fire this up for Retro-Wednesday after I get done doing all the things a wife makes one do during his vacation. 

While taking every opportunity to shamelessly promote SCRAA I'll probably have to start working PR efforts for my next game. This one features assembly language coding I've picked up thanks to the Assembly thread started here by matthew180. The working title is "ENK" which stands for...

For the record, SCRAA is always in my FG99 and it's one of the few games I actually continue to play.  As for ENK, that one is going to be epic!  

1 hour ago, Airshack said:

Hint: The title "ENK" is another acronym.

Something to do with Korea?

Manual Cover.jpg

• Like 1

"Tranquilty Based" was done by several members of the Calgary 99er's User Group.  The Red Deer Users Group was just 1hr/30mins north of Calgary and met up with them often in the late 80's (Joined 88').  Near the end with membership dwindling both groups got together each month alternating between both locations up till 93/94. The Red Deer user group aquired this game through our disk library program exchange.  Never met the authors of the game as they left the Calgary group several months before my first meeting with them. This was programmed back in 84/85.

Hope every one enjoys this version of Lunar Lander.  It's quite a hard but fun version and will take a while to get the landing speed just right.  My best attempt was just over 3/4 bases complete (late 90's). Good luck!! ;-) ;-)

Also the XB Bowling game on the TI Gameshelf with unknown author,  was done by Fred Kessler of the Red Deer users group.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Torrax said:

"Tranquilty Based" was done by several members of the Calgary 99er's User Group.  The Red Deer Users Group was just 1hr/30mins north of Calgary and met up with them often in the late 80's (Joined 88').  Near the end with membership dwindling both groups got together each month alternating between both locations up till 93/94. The Red Deer user group aquired this game through our disk library program exchange.  Never met the authors of the game as they left the Calgary group several months before my first meeting with them. This was programmed back in 84/85.

Hope every one enjoys this version of Lunar Lander.  It's quite a hard but fun version and will take a while to get the landing speed just right.  My best attempt was just over 3/4 bases complete (late 90's). Good luck!! ;-) ;-)

Also the XB Bowling game on the TI Gameshelf with unknown author,  was done by Fred Kessler of the Red Deer users group.

Thanks for the info. I will correct the XB Bowling credits with the next update. I will also post this version of Lunar Lander as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

I was just told that Bowling Champ was made by John Behnke. Anyone here can corroborate either way?

Okay, I'm wrong there. Fred's version is called "5 Pin Bowling" and the in-game screen shot looked similar from memory. Just dug his version out and tried it out.

5pinbowl.png.971570ef61f7a34f9562618979500f8f.png

5PINBOWL.zip

Edited by Torrax
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2019 at 5:12 AM, Vorticon said:

I have never done it myself. Is there some sort of converter out there?

There is a set of instructions out there somewhere.  Where I could not tell you.  If I remember correctly it uses Classic 99 in the process.  Something about running the program and saving the start point.  I'm sure someone can jump in with the link.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:12 AM, Vorticon said:

I have never done it myself. Is there some sort of converter out there?

yes there's a couple.. modulecreator from fred kaal is the easiest..   http://www.ti99-geek.nl/ for that.. 

though I tried converting your program and it doesn't work :( 

Greg

• Sad 1