IGNORED

A question of shirts.

Mehridian Sanders

I just asked my wife to produce a shirt using the TI logo for me personally. Would any of you be interested in something like that. If so, what would you want it to say? And what price would you put to it? $15? $20? Thoughts, comments, threats, criticism please :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I never got my Christmas shirt finished, but you can grab some stuff at my place, as well.  I will finish my Christmas design and have it ready for next year.

https://teespring.com/stores/ti-994a-home-computer-apparel

I have a design for some leggings coming soon (before December 31 to make sure I keep my license.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

My wife wants to use her cricut maker.. I want to use it for single sided pcbs but.. just thought I'd ask. Thanks all for the responses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, the short is I think there is plenty of room in the market to whip up and sell a design if you are so inclined.  Like anything else around here, the more the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, gpaJeb said:

produce some graphics and lets see what goes best.

need 5x shirt

Here are three to choose from.  These are LARGE files with enough detail that VistaPrint can use them.  You can also scour the Internet for suitable large format images.  You'll have to download them to see them in full detail.  When AtariAge downsizes them for the screen they can appear fuzzy.

FinalGROM 99.JPG

P-Box TIPI.JPG

Dragon's Lair.JPG

6 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

Hello Buddies,

i like the idea to have a cool TI-Shirt, but what you offer in your shops is exciting like old socks. Dont you have better ideas?

Do something with the TI-Logo and/or a TI-99 photo.

I am a fan of the under-stated, so that is generally what I design.  Not that what I have takes all that much to design, more of a layout, I suppose.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I am a fan of the under-stated, so that is generally what I design.  Not that what I have takes all that much to design, more of a layout, I suppose.

Yes, certainly its all a matter of taste. But why should someone buy a TI-Shirt when no one, without insiders, understand the message. Normal guys buy a TI-Shirt to let the WORLD know "I have a TI-99 now look how cool it is."

Edited by Sid1968

11 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

It was time to buy a new T-Shirt, so I bought this one...

preview.jpg.43e7c029353bb9e1b955969964cc64e7.jpg

Something is missing here... On this black background would a red TI Logo and "Texasinstruments" lettering looking better. Lets look what the Commodore guys did...

Click me to see Commodore T-Shirts

Sometimes its good to get ideas from the competitors. Why not show a complete TI-99 or Gamescreenshots... etc? And why do we have no TI-99 Caps???

Click me

Click me

Click me

Click me

Click me

Click me

Edited by Sid1968

1 hour ago, Sid1968 said:

Why not show a complete TI-99 or Gamescreenshots... etc?

Possibly due to personal taste or preference?  Truth is, anyone willing to take a few minutes of their own time can cobble together, or find something on the Internet and upload it to a place like VistaPrint.  In my case I've already had a TI-shirt with complete TI-99/4A on it and I've had a TI-Shirt with a Parsec screenshot too.  This time I wanted something different.  This time I wanted to focus on the important bits.  Wants change and vary.  

T-Shirts are like cars, there are so many different models and colors because so many people want something different and don't want to look like the next guy.

3 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

But why should someone buy a TI-Shirt when no one, without insiders, understand the message?

One would (not “should”) buy such a shirt for exactly that reason! On one hand, it is all about camaraderie with other “insiders”. On the other, that kind of message will elicit questions from passersby, engaging them in conversation about our beloved computer. In fact, more folks will ask about such a message precisely because it is arcane.

...lee

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lee Stewart said:

One would (not “should”) buy such a shirt for exactly that reason! On one hand, it is all about camaraderie with other “insiders”. On the other, that kind of message will elicit questions from passersby, engaging them in conversation about our beloved computer. In fact, more folks will ask about such a message precisely because it is arcane.

...lee

Do you want to show us your TI-Shirt?

7 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

Yes, certainly its all a matter of taste. But why should someone buy a TI-Shirt when no one, without insiders, understand the message. Normal guys buy a TI-Shirt to let the WORLD know "I have a TI-99 now look how cool it is."

Precisely my point.  I am not making shirts for Hot Topic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

Why not show a complete TI-99 or Gamescreenshots... etc? And why do we have no TI-99 Caps???

I never liked those kinds of things because it just looks like you are walking around with a photograph stapled to your clothing.  IMNSHO, which is the most valuable to me as the designer, the image or idea you convey should meld into its background, such that the background -- that is, you the wearer -- are part of the foreground, and vice-versa.

There are some select games which could be used as the play field is naturally constrained, such as Munch Man or Car Wars, off the top of my head.  I want to do a Parsec shirt, but I want the ground to wrap completely around the shirt which, so far as I know, no templated tee-shirt source offers.

Caps are covered in my license, but I have not worked any up... I do not think Teespring has a template for it.  Socks and ties, however, are in the works.  But I want the leggings done, first.  Just because.

I though of (what I think would be) a neat tattoo idea: instead of the "barb wire" around the biceps, a Munch Man chain.  Neat for someone, though not for me as I am not into ink.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

Dragon's Lair.JPG

Wouldnt be a screenshot of Dragonslairingame be a good idea for a TI-Shirt?... certainly a TI99-Logo must be on the Shirt to show that this games runs on it... Maybe Tursi can give us some great looking screenshots... Oh... and since iam on a very strict chocolate diet i need size XXXL ?

Edited by Sid1968
  • Like 1