IGNORED

New Mattel Aquarius Owner

AtariSociety

13 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Lol, please tell me you always yell "yaaay!" every time a game successfully boots ?

Thanks for sharing the video.  I have to admit I've only played my Aquarius a few times.  Night Stalker, Snafu, maybe a few others.  Been meaning to play some more.

For you... YES I do.  hahahahaha

Thanks all that have posted so far that gave the video a view.  I enjoyed making it.

I hope to buy the 32k and Aquaricart in 2020 for it for sure.

TJ

On 12/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, AtariSociety said:

For you... YES I do.  hahahahaha

Thanks all that have posted so far that gave the video a view.  I enjoyed making it.

I hope to buy the 32k and Aquaricart in 2020 for it for sure.

TJ

Welcome, and thanks for the video!  It's always great to meet a new Aquarius owner.  The Aquarius is an interesting little machine; it fits into the same entry-level category as the Sinclair ZX81, and I've always had a soft spot for those machines because they (along with the TI 99/4A) gave me my start in computers.  The Aquarius actually had a lot to offer: it should have been released much earlier, but it's an attractive and well-made machine.  Even today, its simple, minimalist design makes it a great platform for learning about assembly language programming, electronics, and related subjects.

I'm putting together a new Aquarius website which will explore these topics in more depth, and it will also showcase the original hardware and software.  In the meantime, keep having fun with it, and just let me know if you're ready for an Aquaricart and/or 32K RAM module!

11 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

Welcome, and thanks for the video!  It's always great to meet a new Aquarius owner.  The Aquarius is an interesting little machine; it fits into the same entry-level category as the Sinclair ZX81, and I've always had a soft spot for those machines because they (along with the TI 99/4A) gave me my start in computers.  The Aquarius actually had a lot to offer: it should have been released much earlier, but it's an attractive and well-made machine.  Even today, its simple, minimalist design makes it a great platform for learning about assembly language programming, electronics, and related subjects.

I'm putting together a new Aquarius website which will explore these topics in more depth, and it will also showcase the original hardware and software.  In the meantime, keep having fun with it, and just let me know if you're ready for an Aquaricart and/or 32K RAM module!

Cool.... yupper in 2020 I plan on getting add-ons for my Aquarius.  Just need to save up some money.

Then I will make some videos of my experience using them for my YouTube channel.

Almost getting to 1000 members now.  Yeah!

TJ

• Like 1